Player of the Week
Markeshia Grant • South Carolina
Senior • Guard • Tampa, Fla.
• Led the team in scoring with career-high 27 points for Gamecocks’ first ever win over Tennessee in Knoxville.
• Hit a career-high seven 3-pointers, which is two shy of the South Carolina record and has not been achieved by a Gamecock since the 2007-08 season.
• Scored 12 of her 27 points in the second half, including her seventh 3-pointer, which came in transition to pull within two with 3:59 left to play.
• Was 3-of-4 from behind the arc at halftime to account for 15 of the team’s 29 points
• Has shot 44.4 percent from 3-point range during the current four-game win streak to move into 11th in the league in 3-point percentage in league games and second in 3-pointers made per conference contest (2.1).
Freshman of the Week
Krista Donald • Georgia
Forward • Lake, Miss.
• Averaged 11.0 points and 6.0 rebounds in victories over Mississippi State and Alabama.
• Posted game-high tallies of 18 points and nine rebounds in Georgia’s 81-66 win at Alabama.
• Logged a career-high 24 minutes of PT in Tuscaloosa.
• Led Georgia in scoring for the first time in her career against the Crimson Tide.
• Paced the Lady Bulldogs on the boards for the third time.
• More than tripled her previous SEC-best scoring output of five points against Florida and Vanderbilt.