SEC FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Games of Oct. 30)
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-6 • 238 • Jr. • Texarkana, Ark.
• Mallett completed 27-of-44 passes for 409 yards and three TDs with no interceptions in Arkansas’ 49-14 win over Vanderbilt.
• Mallett’s 409 passing yards set a new Arkansas school record. The total was also the highest for any player in the SEC this season. Mallett had the fourth 400-yard passing game of his career and second this season.
• Mallett’s 409 passing yards are tied for the 12th-highest total by any player in the nation this season and they were the third-highest total by any player nationally in games this past week.
• He connected with 8 different targets (six of which had at least one reception of 20+ yards) and left the game after the opening drive of the fourth quarter.
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-4 • 245 • Sr. • Vancleave, Miss.
• White posted a career-high 15 tackles with one tackle for loss and one interception in Mississippi State's 24-17 win over Kentucky.
• He led a Bulldog defense that allowed only 89 rushing yards on 43 attempts (2.1 average).
• State's defense held UK to less than half its average points per game and nearly 100 yards below its per-game average.
• White’s 15 tackle total against the Wildcats is the third highest for an SEC player in a game this season.
• White currently ranks third in the conference in tackles, third in tackles for loss and tied for fifth in sacks
SEC Co-SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-3 • 222 • Sr. • Dallas, Ga.
• Henry nailed a game-winning 37-yard field goal in overtime as Florida defeated Georgia 34-31.
• He was 2-of-3 on field goals along with punting six times for 281 yards (46.8 avg.), while dropping two inside the 20.
Return Specialist / Cornerback
5-9 • 182 • Sr. • Tallassee, Ala.
• Washington returned five kickoffs for 176 yards including a 95-yard return for a TD in Auburn’s 51-31 win at Ole Miss.
• He also added six tackles defensively and an interception midway through the second quarter at the AU 2-yard line that stopped a potential Rebel score.
SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-6 • 305 • Sr. • Columbus, Miss.
• Sherrod paved the way for the Mississippi State offense to rush for 214 yards and average 5.5 yards per carry in the Bulldogs' 24-17 win over Kentucky.
• Finished with a 91 percent blocking grade, the seventh time he's eclipsed the 90 percent mark this season, and five knockdown blocks
• State has rushed for over 200 yards in five straight games, and have passed the century mark in every game this year (and 20 of 21 dating back to last season)
• With two rushing touchdowns on Saturday, the Bulldog offense has scored at least one rushing touchdown in all nine games, and in 19 of 21 games dating back to the beginning of last season.
SEC DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-8 • 244 • So. • Beaufort, S.C.
• Despite having just one tackle in the game, Taylor was a difference-maker in South Carolina’s 38-24 win against Tennessee, taking part in three turnovers.
• He recovered a pair of fumbles and intercepted a pass, which he returned 24 yards for a touchdown in the third quarter, putting South Carolina on top, 24-10.
• South Carolina held Tennessee to 92 rushing yards on 37 attempts, with 25 of those yards coming on a Vol fake-punt attempt.
SEC Tri-FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
5-9 • 215 • Little Rock, Ark.
• Dyer rushed for 180 yards on 21 carries and one touchdown in Auburn’s 51-31 win at Ole Miss.
6-2 • 219 • Venice, Fla.
• Burton rushed for 110 yards on 17 carries and two TDs, caught five passes for 35 yards and was 2-for-2 passing for 26 yards in Florida’s 34-31 overtime win against Georgia.
6-0 • 218 • Duncan, S.C.
• Lattimore rushed for 184 yards on 29 carries and one touchdown and had 2 catches for 26 yards in South Carolina’s 38-24 win over Tennessee.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 9
LB JERICO NELSON (Arkansas) -- Led Razorbacks with seven total tackles with an interception return for a touchdown and a pass deflection against Vanderbilt.
LB AKEEM DENT (Georgia) -- Registered 13 total tackles (10 solo stops) with a forced fumble against Florida.
WR/RS RANDALL COBB (Kentucky) -- Had 292 all-purpose yards against Mississippi State including 12 catches for 171 yards and a touchdown.
RB JEFF SCOTT (Ole Miss) -- Rushed for 134 yards on nine carries, including an 83-yard touchdown run against Auburn.
WR DENARIUS MOORE (Tennessee) -- Caught six passes for 228 yards (highest total in SEC this season) and a touchdown against South Carolina.
P RICHARD KENT (Vanderbilt) -- Punted seven times for a 47.9 yard average and had three punts inside the 20-yard line against Arkansas.