SEC FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Games of Nov. 26-27)
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK (Watch Auburn Highlights)
6-6 • 250 • Jr. • College Park, Ga.
• Newton completed 13-of-20 passes for 216 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions and rushed for 39 yards on 22 carries and another score in Auburn’s 28-27 win at Alabama.
• He helped bring Auburn back from a 24-0 second quarter deficit on the road against an Alabama defense that had given up just 13 opposing offensive TDs all season.
• His rushing touchdown was his 18th of the season, setting a new school mark, surpassing the old record held by Bo Jackson (1985) and Carnell Williams (2004).
• With three TDs passing, broke the school single-season record for TD passes in a season, breaking the old record held by Chris Todd (2009).
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK (Watch Arkansas Highlights)
5-10 • 214 • Jr. • Destrehan, La.
• Nelson led the Razorbacks defense with 11 total tackles, including two for a loss of nine yards, a sack for a loss of five yards and one quarterback hurry, in Arkansas’ 31-23 win against LSU in Little Rock.
• He was part of a defense that limited the Tigers to just three field goals and 71 offensive yards in the second half even after drive starts at the Arkansas 46, the Arkansas 9 and the LSU 49 on the Tigers’ first three series of the half.
• Nelson helped the defense hold LSU to a season-low 100 rushing yards.
SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK (Watch South Carolina Highlights)
Punter / Kicker
5-11 • 192 • Jr. • Rock Hill, S.C.
• Lanning nailed three of four field goal attempts, hitting from 46, 25 and 37 yards, and punted seven times for a 42.7 yard average in South Carolina’s 23-9 win at Clemson.
• Four of his seven punts started Clemson drives inside its own 20-yard line. The average starting field position for the Tigers in the game was its own 19-yard line and its average starting position on the seven punts was its own 15-yard line.
• Lanning’s 46-yard field goal was the Gamecocks’ first score with 9:18 left in the first quarter.
• Lanning is fourth in the SEC in punting (43.8) and field goals per game (1.25).
OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK (Watch Mississippi State Highlights)
6-6 • 305 • Sr. • Columbus, Miss.
• Sherrod helped pave the way for the Bulldogs to amass 498 total yards, including 210 on the ground, in Mississippi State's 31-23 victory at Ole Miss.
• State eclipsed the 200-yard rushing mark for the seventh time this season and the 14th time in the last two years.
• He graded out at 92 percent with 6 knockdowns, his eighth 90 percent score of the season.
• Sherrod led an offensive line that cleared the way for the Bulldogs to average 215.8 rushing yards per game, ranking second in the SEC and 16th nationally.
Co-DEFENSIVE LINEMEN OF THE WEEK (Watch Auburn Highlights)
6-5 • 298 • Jr. • Mobile, Ala.
• Fairley was credited with four tackles (3 solos) with two sacks (-15 yards) in Auburn’s 28-27 win at Alabama. He forced and recovered a fumble on the same play, which stopped an Alabama drive at the Auburn 8-yard line.
ABRY JONES (Watch Georgia Highlights)
6-3 • 290 • So. • Warner Robins, Ga.
• Jones exploded for a career-high 16 tackles (one of three Bulldogs with 16), including 2.0 tackles for loss, and forced a fumble during Georgia’s 42-34 win over Georgia Tech.
Co-FRESHMEN OF THE WEEK (Watch Mississippi State Highlights)
5-10 • 190 • Greenville, Miss.
• Perkins tallied 319 all-purpose yards, second highest total in school history, in Mississippi State’s 31-23 win at Ole Miss. He caught three passes for 140 yards and 2 TDs, rushed for 98 yards on 13 carries, and had 65 kick return and 16 punt return yards.
TYLER BRAY (Watch Tennessee Highlights)
6-6 • 210 • Kingsburg, Calif.
• Bray completed 20-of-38 passes for 354 yards with two TDs and two interceptions in Tennessee’s 24-14 win against Kentucky. He threw for 200 yards and two TDs in the first half as the Vols established a 14-7 halftime lead.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 13
LB COURTNEY UPSHAW (Alabama) -- Led the Alabama defense with 10 tackles (7 solo) with three sacks, two forced fumbles and a QB pressure against Auburn.
WR COBI HAMILTON (Arkansas) -- Hamilton had three receptions for a career-high 164 yards with a pair of touchdowns and recovered an onside kick against LSU.
QB JORDAN REED (Florida) -- Led Gators with 74 rushing yards on 13 carries and completed two of his four passes for 12 yards against Florida State.
LB JUSTIN HOUSTON (Georgia) -- Tallied seven tackles with one for a loss (-2 yards) and added a fumble recovery and an interception against Georgia Tech.
RB/RS DERRICK LOCKE (Kentucky) -- Accumulated 208 all-purpose yards, including 97 rushing yards and a TD, and 105 kick return yards, against Tennessee.
LB KELVIN SHEPPARD (LSU) -- Had 10 total tackles (2 solos) with 1.5 for losses (-17 yards) against Arkansas.
RB BRANDON BOLDEN (Ole Miss) -- Rushed for 45 yards on 12 carries and a TD and caught six passes for 78 yards against Mississippi State.
WR ALSHON JEFFERY (South Carolina) -- Caught five passes for 141 yards and a touchdown against Clemson.
WR DENARIUS MOORE (Tennessee) -- Caught seven passes for 205 yards and a touchdown against Kentucky.
QB JARED FUNK (Vanderbilt) -- Completed 27-of-61 passes for 277 yards and a touchdown and rushed for 70 yards on 15 carries against Wake Forest.