PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Kyle Robinson • Arkansas
Senior • OF • Boca Raton, Fla.
• Robinson enjoyed a blistering week at the plate, hitting .474 (9-for-19) with three home runs, 13 RBI and nine runs scored … Posted a .947 slugging percentage on the week with a .542 on-base percentage … Opened the week with a career-high four hits in four at bats against McNeese State, driving in two runs and scoring once.
• Hit the game-winning home run with two outs in the bottom of the seventh in series finale with Milwaukee to complete the sweep … Robinson was a perfect 3-for-3 in stolen bases and didn’t commit an error in 13 chances in the field … For the season, Robinson leads Arkansas with a .465 batting average, three home runs and 21 RBI. PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Sonny Gray • Vanderbilt
Junior • RHP • Smyrna, Tenn.
• Turned in his second career complete game striking out a career-best 15 with no walks, also a career-first. Did not allow a hit in his first four innings and last three innings, striking out five over the final three frames.
• Struck out at least one batter in every inning and fanned 13 swinging. Scored the winning run in 6-5 win over WKU on Tuesday as pinch runner on wild pitch. FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Zack Powers • Florida
3B • Seffner, Fla.
• Batted .400 (4-for-10) in the Gators’ 3-1 week...All four of his hits were doubles and he scored twice...Went 3-for-6 (.500) in the series sweep of Miami (Fla.)
• Had first career multiple-hit effort in the finale, when he was 2-for-4 with a pair of doubles...Opened the scoring on Sunday with his first career RBI, a second-inning double...Laid down his first career sacrifice bunt on Saturday...Is hitting .250 (5-for-20) on the season in six starts and 10 games played.