PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Casey McElroy • Auburn
Junior • INF • Orlando, FL
• Hit .615 over the weekend with a double, two home runs, six runs scored and five RBI as Auburn won a home series over No. 9 Arkansas for the first time since the 2005 season.
• Homered with two outs in the fifth inning on Friday to give Auburn a 5-4 lead and then homered to lead off the third on Sunday to give Auburn a 3-1 lead. Matched his career-high with four RBIs on Sunday, including driving in the first two runs in the four-run eighth that saw Auburn go from down 5-4 to up 8-5. Extended his hitting streak to 15 games over the week, a personal best.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Hudson Randall • Florida
Sophomore • RHP • Atlanta, Ga.
• Clinched Florida’s second-ever series victory at No. 5 LSU with 6.2 scoreless innings on Saturday night ...Notched the 1-0 win by scattering eight singles, with two strikeouts and zero walks ...The combined shutout with Greg Larson and Nick Maronde marked the first time that the Tigers had been blanked at the new Alex Box.
• Since yielding a lead-off homer to Mikie Mahtook in the first inning of his start last season, Randall has tossed 14.2 scoreless frames against LSU...Leads the SEC with a 0.85 earned run average.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
J.T. Riddle • Kentucky
IF/OF • Frankfort, Ky.
• Freshman J.T. Riddle had a breakout week during UK’s four games, including helping push the Wildcats to a series win over Tennessee on SEC opening weekend … Riddle led UK all week, batting .538 (7-for-13) with a homer and a team-best eight RBI … Riddle drew two walks and got hit by one pitch, only striking out once and totaling a .588 on-base percentage … Riddle’s breakout game during the four-game week came in the rubber match on Sunday.
• Riddle belted his first career homer, a three-run job, and added a walk and an HBP, also making a jaw-dropping catch in rightfield to save extra bases with a fully extended, leaping catch.