PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Josh Rosecrans • Alabama
Junior • C/DH • Edmond, Okla.
• Rosecrans had a breakout week for the Tide, posting a .438 (7-for-16) average in four starts as the designated hitter … finished the week with a pair of home runs with 10 RBI and four runs scored.
• Was 2-for-3 with career-high three RBI and a walk in the 4-0 win in the series opener against Kentucky … Had a two-run home run in the first innings of the series finale against Kentucky, giving the Tide a 4-0 lead, before going on to an 8-3 win and the weekend sweep for the Western Division-leading Crimson Tide.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Grayson Garvin • Vanderbilt
Junior • LHP • Suwanee, Ga.
• Won his second straight SEC game with eight solid innings of two-hit ball at No. 12 Arkansas... Scattered two hits on the evening and allowed only one run in the seventh inning.
• His eight innings pitched was the most in a SEC game in his career... Has allowed one run on four hits with 12 strikeouts in 15 SEC innings.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Daryl Norris • Mississippi State
1B/RHP • Fairhope, Ala.
• Norris starred for the Bulldogs at the plate and on the mound in helping lead Mississippi State to its first SEC series sweep in 34 series dating back to 2007 … Opened the first two games of the series at first base, registering a pair of multi-hit games and a .556 batting average while scoring four runs … Earned his first career win with a season-longest 5.1 inning appearance in State’s sweep-clinching 5-0 shutout of No. 20 Auburn.
• Retired 16 of the 18 batters he faced to help secure State’s fourth shutout of the campaign and MSU’s first against an SEC opponent in 88 league games … Now ranks second on the club with a .359 batting average and in four relief appearances has compiled an 0.75 ERA with a win, a save, 12 strikeouts and one run allowed in 12.0 IP.