PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Curt Casali • Vanderbilt
Senior • C • New Canaan, Conn.
• Led No. 1 Vanderbilt to a 30-3 record with a weekend sweep of No. 21 Alabama....Collected six hits, scored three runs, three doubles, a homerun and 10 RBI.
• Equaled a season-best with four RBI in win over Alabama on Sunday...Six multi-hit games in his last seven games...Home run on Sunday was his second of the year and double was his 11th of the year.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Colby Holmes • South Carolina
Sophomore • RHP • Conway, S.C.
• Holmes worked a career-high seven innings and struck out career-high seven batters to earn the win in a 2-0 victory over Tennessee… Holmes was stellar the entire night as he limited the Vols to just three hits and no walks.
• He is now 3-0 on the year… Holmes has a 3.00 ERA in 30.0 innings pitched with 28 strikeouts to eight walks… Opponents are hitting only .212 against him.
CO-FRESHMEN OF THE WEEK
Dillon Ortman • Auburn
RHP • Huntsville, Ala.
• Threw a total of 3 1/3 innings in two relief appearances, picking up a save in Friday’s opener and Sunday’s sweep-clinching win...Recorded the final three outs on Friday, entering with Auburn up 12-9 and a man on second and none out … Retired all three hitters he faced to pick up his first career save.
• Returned on Sunday and threw the final 2 1/3 innings, entering with Auburn up 6-2 and the bases loaded and two outs...Finished the day without allowing a hit or a walk for his second save.
Dominic Ficociello • Arkansas
INF •Fullerton, Calif.
• Posted a .385 batting average with a home run and three RBI to help Arkansas to a 4-0 win, including a three-game sweep of No. 17 LSU … Had at least one hit in each game of the week and had one multi-hit game … Recorded a .692 slugging percentage and a .429 on-base percentage.
• Had the eventual game-winning home run in the sixth inning of the series opener against LSU...In the second game of the series, singled in the ninth inning to keep the rally alive, eventually leading to James McCann’s walk-off, three-run home run … Staked Arkansas to an early lead in the series finale, driving in a run with a third inning single.