PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Kyle Robinson • Arkansas
Senior • OF/1B • Boca Raton, Fla.
• Robinson finished the week going 5-for-11 at the plate with two home runs, six RBI and three runs scored … Had five hits in nine at bats in Arkansas’ series victory against Mississippi State over the weekend … Opened the weekend in impressive fashion, recording the first multi-homer game of his career and going 3-for-4 with three RBI and three runs scored … First home run was a solo shot to lead off the fourth inning while the second tied the game at five in the eighth inning … The three runs scored tied a season high.
• Had a double and drove in a run in the series-clinching win on Saturday … Drove in two runs in the series finale and had a hit with two walks … Robinson is hitting .322 on the season with a team-leading seven homers and 33 RBI.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Michael Roth • South Carolina
Junior • LHP • Greer, S.C.
• Against the No. 1 team in the country, junior left-hander Michael Roth did not allow a hit until the fifth inning and limited the Commodores to just one run on three hits in a 3-1 win on Friday night in the series opener vs. Vanderbilt.
• The three-hit total was the lowest in a game this season for the Commodores, who came into the weekend as the top hitting team in the conference... Roth’s eight strikeout total was one short of his career high.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Bobby Wahl • Ole Miss
RHP • Springfield, Va.
• Wahl was critical to the Rebels success on the weekend, picking up saves in his two appearances against Kentucky to give the Rebels a series win over the Wildcats and set up an eventual series sweep ... It was the only sweep of the weekend in conference play, thanks in large part to Wah’s late inning efforts in the first two games ... The sweep pushed the Rebels into a tie atop the SEC Western Division standings at the halfway mark in SEC play.
• Wahl worked the ninth inning of both the 3-2 Friday win and 12-10 Saturday win ... He got a flyout with the bases loaded in the Saturday game to keep the Wildcats off the board and give the Rebels the series clinching win ... Wahl also worked 2.1 scoreless innings of relief vs. #20 Southern Miss in an extra-inning game.