PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Mike Zunino • Florida
Sophomore • C • Cape Coral, Fla.
• Led the Gators to their first sweep of Ole Miss since 2002 by going 7-for-12 (.583) over the three games...The sweep enabled Florida to keep pace with South Carolina and Vanderbilt in the SEC race...Paced UF’s offense on the weekend with eight RBI, four doubles, four runs and a slugging percentage of 1.167...Went a career-high 4-for-4, drove in four runs and had three doubles in the series finale
• 2-for-4 with a two-run homer, two runs and a double in Saturday’s series-clincher...Is hitting a team-best .381 with team-highs in runs (47), doubles (15) and stolen bases (6) and is currently on an eight-game hitting streak...Has totaled 39 RBI, drawn 20 walks and clubbed eight homers...Has an SEC-best .450 batting average in conference games, with 25 runs, 22 RBI, 10 doubles and four homers.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Michael Palazzone • Georgia
Junior • RHP • Marietta, Ga.
• Tossed eight shutout innings on four hits with no walks and five strikeouts in beating #14 Arkansas 3-0, his fifth win over a ranked opponent this year... Also, it marked first time Arkansas had been shut out this season...Leads SEC with 80 IP and among league leaders with 8-1 record and 2.14 ERA in 11 starts.
• Perfect 6-0 with 1.74 ERA in SEC action including a league-best 57 IP in seven starts with two complete games...Has worked at least seven innings in nine consecutive starts, the only two he didn't was the first two starts of the year in February when he was on a pitch count.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Kevin Gausman • LSU
RHP • Centennial, Colo.
• Gausman earned his first career SEC victory with an outstanding effort against Kentucky on Friday … Gausman limited the Wildcats to just one run on two hits in seven innings with three walks and eight strikeouts.
• The Kentucky batters posted an .087 (2-for-23) average against the hard-throwing right-hander from Centennial, Colo. who was the Los Angeles Dodgers’ sixth-round selection in last summer’s MLB Draft.