PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Miles Hamblin * Ole Miss
Senior * C/IF * Rowlett, Texas
* Hamblin was critical to the Rebels' success on the week that included a series win over No. 1 South Carolina ... The series win over the Gamecocks marked the first series loss for South Carolina this season ... Hamblin led the team in on base percentage and slugging percentage, while sparking a pair of rallies for wins on the week ... Hamblin stepped up his game against the Gamecocks, hitting at a .556 clip with a 1.111 slugging percentage and a .692 on base percentage in the three-game series.
* Came up with a one out single through the right side in the ninth inning to move Matt Tracy from first to third and set up the game-winning run to clinch the series.... Went 3-for-3 with three runs scored and two RBI in Saturday's series evening win, including a home run in the third inning...Hit a game-tying grand slam at Arkansas State to spark a rally for the Rebels in the 11-9 win mid-week.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Alex Meyer * Kentucky
Junior * RHP * Greensburg, Ind.
* Meyer turned in yet another gem in a pitching duel posting a complete-game shutout win over No. 1 Vanderbilt on Friday night ... In a matchup with VU's Sonny Gray, Meyer tossed the best start of his career, going nine full innings, allowing only five hits and one walk, striking out five ... The complete-game was Meyer's SEC-leading fourth of the year and the second complete-game shutout of the season
* Meyer shut down the Dores, who entered the series leading the SEC in batting average, average in SEC games and on-base percentage, ranking second in runs scored.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Dominic Ficociello * Arkansas
INF * Fullerton, Calif.
* Ficociello had a great week at the plate, hitting .412 (7-for-17) with a homer, eight RBI and four runs scored ... Arkansas finished the week with a 3-2 record, including taking two of three from No. 5 Florida ...
Ficociello had at least one hit in each game of the week to extend his hitting streak to eight straight games ... Had three multi-RBI games on the week
* Drove in five runs in the series against No. 5 Florida, including two RBI in the second and third games of the series.