SEC FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Games of Oct. 15, 2011)
WATCH SEC "REWIND" WEEKLY HIGHLIGHT VIDEO
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
TRENT RICHARDSON (Watch Alabama Highlights)
5-11 • 224 • Jr. • Pensacola, Fla.
• Richardson rushed for a career-high 183 yards on 17 carries and scored a career-high four touchdowns in Alabama’s 52-7 win at Ole Miss.
• His 76-yard touchdown run in the third quarter was his career-longest and put the Crimson Tide ahead, 31-7.
• He also added two catches for 30 yards.
• Richardson has now tied a school-record and leads the nation with six straight 100-yard rushing games.
• He now ranks 10th all-time at Alabama with 2,363 career rushing yards.
• He leads the SEC and ranks fourth nationally with 130.3 rushing yards per game and is third in the nation in scoring (13.71 ppg) with 16 total touchdowns.
SEC Co-DEFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
COREY LEMONIER (Watch Auburn Highlights)
6-4 • 240 • So. • Hialeah, Fla.
• Lemonier led the Auburn defense with six tackles, including 3.0 tackles for loss (minus 20), including 2.0 quarterback sacks (minus 16) and four quarterback hurries in Auburn’s 17-6 win against Florida.
• He helped the Tiger defense hold Florida to 194 yards of total offense, which was the fewest by a Gator offense since 1990 at Tennessee (194).
• He tied a career high in tackles and set career-bests in TFLs and sacks.
D.J. SWEARINGER (Watch South Carolina Highlights)
5-10 • 208 • Jr. • Greenwood, S.C.
• Swearinger logged a game- and career-high 12 tackles (five solo and seven assisted) in South Carolina’s 14-12 win at Mississippi State.
• He also sealed the win, intercepting a pass at the South Carolina 12 yard line with just 1:45 remaining in the contest.
• The Gamecock defense limited State to 296 total yards, 131 on the ground and 165 through the air.
SEC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
STEVEN CLARK (Watch Auburn Highlights)
6-5 • 226 • So. • Kansas City, Mo.
• Clark tied a career-high with nine punts, two of which were muffed by the receiving team and recovered by Auburn, in the Tigers 17-6 win against Florida.
• Clark average 39.2 yards per punt, two of which led to Gator drives starting inside the 20-yard line.
• Florida was held to -4 yards on four punt returns.
• On the seven other punts (outside of UF fumbles), Florida’s average starting field position was their own 26 yard line.
• Clark leads the SEC with 50.0 percent of his punts (22-of-44) inside the opponents’ 20-yard line.
SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
CHRIS FAULK (Watch LSU Highlights)
6-6 • 325 • So. • Slidell, La.
• Faulk played all 69 snaps and led Tigers with 12.5 knockdowns in 38-7 win over Tennessee.
• He helped pave the way for an LSU offense that racked up 383 total yards (237 rushing, 146 passing) as the Tigers amassed 38 minutes and 19 seconds of possession time in the game.
• In the second half alone, LSU had touchdown scoring drives of 12 plays, 66 yards, 7:01; 16 plays, 99 yards, 8:44; and 10 plays, 65 yards, 6:08.
• LSU controlled the ball of 22 of out 30 minutes in the second half as the Vols managed just 19 offensive plays and 66 total yards in the final two quarters.
SEC DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
FLETCHER COX (Watch Mississippi State Highlights)
6-4 • 300 • Jr. • Yazoo City, Miss.
• Cox posted a career-best 4.0 tackles for loss and a pair of sacks in Mississippi State's 14-12 loss to South Carolina.
• He was credited with six total tackles, second most in his career behind only the previous weekend's 7 total stops (vs. UAB).
• Cox led a Bulldog defensive front that held USC to a season-low 110 yards on 43 rushing attempts and the SEC's leading rusher Marcus Lattimore to 39 yards on 17 attempts.
• Cox's 4.0 tackles for loss are the most by a Bulldog this season and the second most in the SEC this season
SEC Co-FRESHMEN OF THE WEEK
BRUCE ELLINGTON (Watch South Carolina Highlights)
5-9 • 197 • Moncks Corner, S.C.
• Ellington did a little bit of everything to help South Carolina pull out a 14-12 win at Mississippi State.
• The redshirt freshman caught four passes for 32 yards, was used in the "Wildcat" formation where he rushed four times for 25 yards and completed 2-of-3 passes for 24 yards. He also returned one kickoff for 17 yards.
• On the game winning drive in the game's final minutes, he returned the kickoff for 17 yards, rushed twice out of the Wildcat for 14 yards, completed a pass for 8, and caught a pass for 8 yards.
RAY DREW (Watch Georgia Highlights)
6-5 • 253 • Thomasville, Ga.
• Drew recorded a career-high three tackles, including the team’s only sack for -8 yards and 2.5 TFLs for -13 yards, and forced as well as recovered a fumble during the Bulldogs’ 33-28 road win over Vanderbilt.
• His forced fumble and recovery came at the conclusion of the opening half in Georgia territory with Vanderbilt driving and down 20-7.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK SEVEN
OG CHANCE WARMACK (Alabama) -- Had the top grade on the Alabama offensive line with no penalties, no pressures, no missed assignments and no sacks with five pancake blocks against Ole Miss.
SAF VINNIE SUNSERI (Alabama) -- Had six total tackles against Ole Miss, including three on special teams.
RB MICHAEL DYER (Auburn) -- Had game-high 73 yards rushing on 23 carries against Florida.
DB MATT ELAM (Florida) -- Logged a game-high nine total tackles (3 solos) with two for losses (-10 yards) against Auburn.
QB AARON MURRAY (Georgia) -- Completed 22-of-38 passes for 326 yards with three touchdowns and an interception against Vanderbilt.
DB BACARRI RAMBO (Georgia) -- Had a team-high eight total tackles (4 solos) with an interception and two pass deflections against Vanderbilt.
CB MORRIS CLAIBORNE (LSU) -- Returned an interception 89 yards and also had two pass deflections and two tackles against Tennessee.
QB JARRETT LEE (LSU) -- Completed 10-of-14 passes for 115 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions against Tennessee.
WR NICKOLAS BRASSELL (Ole Miss) -- Caught four passes for 101 yards, including a 59-yarder, against Alabama.
FS NICKOE WHITLEY (Mississippi State) -- Had seven total tackles (5 solos) with 1.5 for losses (-5 yards) and an interception against South Carolina.
DB ANTONIO ALLEN (South Carolina) -- Had 10 total tackles (5 solos) with one for a loss (-4 yards) against Mississippi State.
LB A.J. JOHNSON (Tennessee) -- Registered a game-high 11 total tackles (4 solos) against LSU.
RB ZAC STACY (Vanderbilt) -- Rushed for a game-high 97 yards on 17 carries and a touchdown and also caught two passes for 16 yards and completed a 43-yard pass against Georgia.
2011 SEC FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Weeks 1-7)
Week 1 (Games of Sept. 1-3)
: Offense - Vick Ballard, RB, Mississippi State; Defense - Tyrann Mathieu, DB, LSU; Special Teams - Joe Adams, WR/RS, Arkansas; Offensive Lineman - Rokevious Watkins, OT, South Carolina; Co-Defensive Lineman - Jaye Howard, DT, Florida; Luke McDermott, DT, Kentucky; Co-Freshman - Trey Depriest, LB, Alabama; Tre Mason, RB/RS, Auburn.
Week 2 (Games of Sept. 10):
Offense - Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee; Defense - Mark Barron, SAF, Alabama; Special Teams - Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina; Offensive Lineman - Alvin Bailey, OG, Arkansas; Defensive Lineman - Rob Lohr, DT, Vanderbilt; Co-Freshman - Josh Clemons, RB, Kentucky; Isaiah Crowell, RB, Georgia.
Week 3 (Games of Sept. 15-17):
Co-Offense - Chris Rainey, RB, Florida; Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina; Defense -Trey Wilson, DB, Vanderbilt; Special Teams - Caleb Sturgis, PK, Florida; Offensive Lineman - Wesley Johnson, C, Vanderbilt; Defensive Lineman - Bennie Logan, DT, LSU; Freshman- Odell Beckham, WR, LSU.
Week 4 (Games of Sept. 24):
Offense - Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama; Defense -Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina; Special Teams - Brad Wing, P, LSU; Offensive Lineman - Barrett Jones, OT, Alabama; Defensive Lineman - Jaye Howard, DT, Florida; Freshman- Isaiah Crowell, RB, Georgia.
Week 5 (Games of Oct. 1):
Co-Offense: Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas; Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas; Defense - Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina; Special Teams - Steven Clark, P, Auburn; Offensive Lineman - William Vlachos, C, Alabama; Defensive Lineman - Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU; Freshman - Isaiah Crowell, RB, Georgia.
Week 6 (Games of Oct. 8):
Offense: Connor Shaw, QB, South Carolina; Defense - Mike Gilliard, ILB, Georgia; Special Teams - Blair Walsh, PK, Georgia; Offensive Lineman - Will Blackwell, OG, LSU; Defensive Lineman - Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State; Freshman - Tevin Mitchel, CB, Arkansas.
Week 7 (Games of Oct. 15):
Offense: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama; Co-Defense - Corey Lemonier, DE, Auburn; D.J. Swearinger, FS, South Carolina; Special Teams - Steven Clark, P, Auburn; Offensive Lineman - Chris Faulk, OT, LSU; Defensive Lineman - Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State; Co-Freshman - Bruce Ellington, WR, South Carolina; Ray Drew, OLB, Georgia.