VIEW THE FULL BCS RANKINGS HERE
SEC IN THE BCS STANDINGS (Oct. 23, 2011)
* - The SEC has six teams ranked in this week’s Bowl Championship Series Standings, along with the Big 12, more than any other conference.
* - For the second straight week, LSU and Alabama are ranked 1-2 in the BCS Standings.
* - This is LSU’s fourth time as the number one team in the BCS Standings (others: Nov. 11 & Nov. 18, 2007; Oct. 16, 2011).
* - This marks the 14th time in BCS history that at least six SEC teams have been in the BCS Standings. Last year, the SEC had at least six in every week’s standings. The league had at least six in two weeks of 2007, two weeks of 2005 and one week of 2003. The most the SEC has had is seven, which was in week four of 2010 an weeks two and four of 2007.
* - Oklahoma leads all schools having been ranked 20 times as the top team in the BCS Standings. Ohio State and Southern California are tied for second at 15. Florida is the SEC’s top team with seven times at the top, which is tied for fourth overall. Alabama is seventh overall with six appearances, Tennessee eighth with five and LSU is 10th with four.
* - Five SEC teams have been ranked at one time or another as the top team in the nation in the BCS standings during its history (25 total weeks) - Alabama (6 times), Auburn (3 times) Florida (7 times), LSU (4 times) and Tennessee (5 times). [Reminder that there are no BCS standings after the bowl games.]
* - Texas leads all schools in the BCS standings, having been listed 88 times. Florida is second with 85 times while LSU is sixth at 67. Georgia is 14th at 55 times and Tennessee is 15th with 52 weeks.
* - Here is a listing of the amount of times each SEC team has been ranked in the BCS Standings: Alabama (44), Arkansas (25), Auburn (40), Florida (85), Georgia (55), Kentucky (4), LSU (67), Ole Miss (9), Mississippi State (15), South Carolina (19) and Tennessee (52).
* - Number of times a conference has been ranked 1-2 in the BCS Standings: SEC (8 times – six weeks in 2009; two weeks in 2011); Big Ten (5 times – all in 2006); Big 12 (3 times, twice in 2001, once in 2000).
* - This is the ninth time that Arkansas has been ranked in the top 10 of the BCS standings (twice in 2011; twice in 2010; 3 times in 2006; twice in 1998).