Player of the Week
Matt Walters • Arkansas
Senior • Jonesboro, Arkansas
• Walters earned two singles wins and two doubles wins over the weekend against Iowa and a ranked DePaul team.
• His two singles wins keeps his streak alive at five straight matches dating back to the fall season.
• His win against Kasper was his tenth win of the year and moves him to 10-2 on the year with a perfect 4-0 dual match record.
• In doubles, he and Hall Fess have been dominate in winning 11 of their first 12 matches this year.
• Their 11 wins are good for tops on the team and all of their dual wins have come from the No. 1 spot.
• Currently, the duo is on a seven match winning streak and has helped Arkansas start the season with an undefeated 5-0 record.
2/3 Matt Hagan, Iowa W 6-2, 6-1
2/4 Sven Kasper, DePaul (73) W 6-1, 6-4
Doubles (with Hall Fess)
2/3 Swank/Dunn, Iowa W 8-6
2/4 Chanturia/Dzanko, DePaul (73) W 8-6
Freshman of the Week
Andrew Adams • South Carolina
• Yielded just two games to Southeast Region’s No. 13 player.
• Victory at No. 3 singles clinched the team win for South Carolina.
• Georgia Tech (22) is the highest ranked opponent defeated in Josh Goffi’s head coaching career.
• It was the Gamecocks’ second-straight victory over a ranked team.
2/4 Juan Melian, Georgia Tech (22) W 6-2, 6-0
Doubles (with Chip Cox)
2/4 Segura/Edwards, Georgia Tech (22) W 7-6(3)