Player of the Week
Meredith Mitchell • Georgia
Senior • Guard • Midfield, Ala.
• Averaged 15.0 points, 5.0 assists and 4.0 steals in leading Georgia to wins over Ole Miss and LSU.
• Shot solid percentages of 52.6 from the field, 42.9 from three-point range and 70.0 from the line during the week.
• Every statistical category was significantly higher than her average for the season, highlighted by 15.0 ppg (vs. 8.9 for season) , 5.0 assists (vs. 2.4 for season), 4.0 steals (vs. 1.8 for season), 52.6 pct. on FGs (vs. 39.1 for season) and 42.9 pct. on 3FGs (vs. 28.3 for season).
• Notched her second career 20-point game and an SEC career-best 20 points against Ole Miss.
• Also equaled her career high with six steals against the Rebels.
• Scored 10 points and dished out five assists in her “Senior Day” finale at Stegeman Coliseum.
• Helped Georgia to two crucial victories to lock up a third-place finish in the league standings.
Freshman of the Week
Bria Goss • Kentucky
Guard • Indianapolis, Ind.
• Averaged 11. 3 points per game in UK’s three wins last week in helping UK win the regular season championship title.
• Scored in double digits in two of the three wins, ranking second on the team in scoring.
• Found her way to the free-throw line a team-high 14 in three games, hitting 12 for a 85.7 percent clip.
• Was a perfect 6-of-6 from the charity stripe in the win over Mississippi State.
• Passed out a team-high tying three assists vs. RV/No. 24 Vanderbilt.
• Scored her 21st double-figure scoring game vs. South Carolina, the fourth most in UK freshman history.
• Swiped a steal in all three games.