PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Zac Zellers • Kentucky
Junior • CF • St. Louis, Mo.
• Zellers turned in a breakout week at the plate for the Wildcats, leading UK to a series sweep vs. Buffalo in the home-opening series … The right-handed hitter led UK with a .667 average (6-for-9), with a double, triple, two homers and five RBI … Zellers reached base safely in 9-of-12 plate appearances during the weekend, with a .750 on-base and a 1.667 slugging percentage … He drew a walk and got hit by two pitches without striking out.
• In the series finale, Zellers went 2-for-3 with a triple, walk and hit by pitch, driving in three runs.
CO-PITCHERS OF THE WEEK
Michael Roth • S. Carolina
Senior • LHP • Greer, S.C.
• Impressive start as he hurled seven innings of no-hit ball and limited Elon to just three walks while striking out seven batters in 8-1 win vs. Elon in opening game of series.
• Roth and a pair of Gamecock pitchers took a no-hitter into the ninth inning that was broken up with two outs.
Bobby Wahl • Ole Miss
Sophomore • RHP • Springfield, Va.
• Wahl worked a career-long 7.0 innings and struck out a career-high 9 batters in his third ever start for the Rebels and second straight Friday night start ... Held the Seahawks to a 0.43 batting average as he combined for a two-hitter in a shutout win.
•The shutout was the first for the Rebels since an 8-0 win at Tennessee on March 27, 2011 ... The two hits allowed in the game (one by Wahl) were the fewest allowed by the Rebel pitching staff since holding Kentucky to two hits on March 19, 2010.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Ben Moore • Alabama
C • Cullman, Ala.
• Started all three games at catcher for the Crimson Tide ... He finished the week with a .571 batting average (4-for-7), a 1.000 slugging percentage and a .692 on-base percentage, reaching base in 9-of-13 trips to the plate ... Tied for the team lead with five RBI and led the team with six runs scored in the series
• Clubbed his first career home run in the eighth inning in the series opener, a three-run bomb to left field with two outs ... Also, walked in the eighth inning and scored twice in the frame, helping the Tide to an 8-run eighth ... Also threw out to base runners attempting to steal and had a sacrifice fly RBI.