PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Preston Tucker • Florida
Senior • OF • Tampa, Fla.
WATCH FLORIDA-VANDERBILT HIGHLIGHTS HERE
• Batted .400 (6-for-15) in Florida’s four victories last week, including a team-best .364 during the Gators’ first sweep of Vanderbilt since 2008...UF has a school-record 17-straight wins...Five of his six hits went for extra bases, with three homers and two triples...Collected nine RBI, scored six runs, drew two walks and boasted a slugging percentage of 1.267 and an on-base percentage of .500
• Opened SEC play by going 2-for-5 with three RBI on Friday night – delivered a run-scoring single as part of a five-run fifth and had a two-triple in the seventh in going 2-for-5...Blasted a two-run homer in the Gators’ four-run fifth on Saturday, when he was 1-for-3...Connected on a solo shot in Sunday’s finale and was 1-for-3 with a pair of runs.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Chris Stratton • Miss. State
Junior • RHP • Tupelo, Miss.
• Stratton registered an SEC season-high and career-best 17 strikeouts and four hits over 8.2 innings in a remarkable no-decision start at No. 10 LSU. Matched with LSU ace Kevin Gausman, Stratton struck out all nine starters in the LSU lineup, fanned two Tiger batters three times each and recorded a trio of three-strikeout innings… His 17 strikeouts is the most by a Bulldog pitcher since 1992.
• He held LSU to .138 hitting in the game. At one stretch he retired 16 consecutive batters, 11 via strikeout. Stratton leads the SEC with 44 strikeouts and the team with 29.2 innings pitched.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
A.J. Reed • Kentucky
LHP/1B • Terre Haute, Ind.
• Reed led UK to five wins as the No. 4 hitter, midweek starter and weekend late-inning reliever … Picked up two wins on the mound, one coming in a midweek start on Tuesday and the second coming in relief of UK’s series-clinching win over No. 2 South Carolina on Saturday.
• In both of his wins on the mound, Reed – who owns a 12-game hitting streak – delivered the game-winning RBI at the plate… At the plate, Reed led UK in hitting all week batting .526 (10-for-19) with two doubles, one homer and five RBI...1.12 ERA on the mound, striking out eight in eight innings.