SEC Cross Country Athletes of the Week (Sept. 11, 2012)
Men’s Runner of the Week: Kane Grimster, Auburn
· Recorded his second career individual victory and third career top-10 finish, capturing the win at the 6K Auburn Invitational.
· In the lone home meet of the year, Grimster was the top finisher for a dominant Auburn performance with a time of 19:03.80.
· The mark was a new personal best for the sophomore Australian, who was competing in his first race of the season.
· Currently holds the third-best 6K time in the SEC so far this season.
Men’s Freshman of the Week: Alex Main, Auburn
· The lone freshman competing for Auburn at the Auburn Invitational, Main posted a solid mark in his first collegiate 6K race.
· A native of Swindon, England, Main finished in a time of 21:19.40.
· It was Main’s second career race, after posting a time of 30:32.82 (8K) to finish 11th in the season-opening Troy Invitational a week ago.
Women’s Runner of the Week: Semehar Tesfaye, Arkansas
· In her first race as a Razorback after transferring from Iowa State, Tesfaye raced to the individual title at the adidas/UCI Invitational in Irvine, Calif.
· Navigated te 5K course at the Anteater Recreation Center Fields in a time of 17:21.1.
· Behind Tesfaye’s effort, Arkansas posted a perfect team score of 15 to win the event title.
· Overall, the then-No. 11 Razorbacks swept the top six spots and placed eight inside the top-10.
Women’s Freshman of the Week: Andrina Schlaepfer, Arkansas
· Made her collegiate debut with a runner-up performance at the adidas/UCI Invitational, finishing behind only her teammate and the individual winner Semehar Tesfaye.
· Crossed the finish line in a 5K time of 17:23.3 to help then-No. 11 Arkansas secure the team title with a perfect team score of 15.
· Was the top freshman finisher in the race and was part of a top-six sweep for the Razorbacks.
· Her 5K time is currently sixth-best in the SEC and second-best for a freshman.