SEC Volleyball Match of the Week
No. 17 Tennessee at Missouri
Wednesday, Sept. 12
Catch the first television broadcast of SEC Volleyball this season as the Missouri Tigers host No. 17 Tennessee on Wednesday, Sept. 12, 8 p.m. ET on ESPNU. The match will also be streamed online at WatchESPN.com. The Tigers enter Wednesday’s contest with an 8-2 mark and are led by outside hitter Lisa Henning (4.40 kps) and setter Molly Kreklow (10.81 aps). Henning is second in the SEC in kills per set while Kreklow ranks third in the league in assists per set. The 7-2 Lady Vols are paced by outside hitter Kelsey Robinson, who leads the SEC with 4.77 kills per set, and setter Mary Pollmiller who ranks seventh in the conference with 9.86 assists per set. The teams have only met twice and the all-time series stands at 1-1. Tennessee was victorious in the last decision between the two teams; the Lady Vols defeated the Tigers 3-1 in an NCAA Elite Eight matchup in 2005.
•Missouri is holding teams to .154 hitting this year. The Tigers have not held a team below .200 hitting in a season since 2005.
• Lisa Henning is fifth on the SEC active kill leaders list w/ 934 total kills. She is the top junior on the list.
• Molly Kreklow became the fifth Tiger to surpass 3,000 career assists last weekend.
• Whitney Little was named SEC Co-Defensive Player of the Week after averaging 1.78 bps last week.
Lady Vol Spikes
• Tennessee 12-3 in televised matches since 2009.
• Lady Vol co-captains Kelsey Robinson and Mary Pollmiller were named to the SpringHill Suites at Arundel Mills Invitational all-tournament team last weekend.
• Senior right side Leslie Cikra earned her first career SEC weekly honor on Monday.
• UT’s two wins over ranked teams are the only victories over ranked opponents for SEC teams as of Sept. 10.