No. 25 Tennessee (9-4, 2-2 SEC) at Kentucky (7-6, 1-2 SEC)
Wednesday, Sept. 26 • 8 p.m. ET • ESPNU/WatchESPN.com
It’s a battle of SEC Eastern Division powers as Kentucky hosts No. 25 Tennessee on Wednesday, Sept. 26, 8 p.m. ET on ESPNU. The match will also be streamed online at WatchESPN.com. The Wildcats enter Wednesday’s contest with a 7-6 (1-2 SEC) mark and are led by Ashley Frazier’s 3.18 kills per set. Senior libero Stephanie Klefot is second in SEC play in digs per set (5.15) while UK ranks second in the league in blocks per set (2.62) as a team. The 9-4 (2-2 SEC) Lady Vols are paced by junior outside hitter Kelsey Robinson, who ranks second in the SEC with 4.59 kills per set in conference play. Setter Mary Pollmiller is third in SEC play with 10.76 assists per set. As a team, Tennessee is third in league play in opponent hitting percentage (.192), assists (13.59 aps) and kills (14.29 kps). The teams have met 70 times and Kentucky leads the all-time series 41-29. Tennessee was victorious in the last decision between the two squads (a 3-1 victory on 11/23/11 in Knoxville).
• This match marks the 29th meeting in Lexington between the two teams. UK leads the series 19-9 at home.
• Despite a 7-6 record, UK played one of the toughest non-conference schedules in America, taking on three teams ranked in the top 12 of the AVCA poll, including two other teams receiving votes.
• Kentucky has a .712 overall win-percentage at Memorial Coliseum (354-143, 36 years).
• UK announced that it would be playing a match in Rupp Arena on Oct. 12 for the first time in program history. UK will host Mississippi State in an effort to break the national attendance record for an NCAA volleyball match.
Lady Vol Spikes
• Tennessee holds a 2-1 record against Kentucky on ESPNU.
• Kentucky is the Lady Vols' most-played opponent. The teams have faced off at least once every year since 1977.
• The Lady Vols have posted a 20-10 mark against Kentucky since head coach Rob Patrick joined Tennessee in 1997.
• Tennessee has won six of the last seven matchups versus Kentucky.