Player of the Week
Daisha Simmons • Alabama
Sophomore • Guard • Jersey City, N.J.
• Simmons scored a season-high 22 points to lead the Crimson Tide to a win on the road at Houston.
• She hit four of her six three-point attempts and all six of her free throws against the Cougars.
• She also had a stellar all-around game against Arkansas-Pine Bluff, contributing 10 points, seven steals, five rebounds, five assists and three blocks.
• Her steals, rebounds, assists and blocks against the Golden Lions were all personal bests.
• Simmons’ seven steals were also the most by any SEC player thus far this season and the most by an Alabama player in two years.
• She went 9-for-10 (.900) from the free throw line, including a perfect 6-for-6 at Houston.
• She averages 12.0 points, 4.3 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 1.0 blocks and 4.3 steals per game so far this season.
• For the week, Simmons averages 16.0 points, 4.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 1.5 blocks and 5.0 steals.
Freshman of the Week
Tiffany Mitchell • South Carolina
Guard • Charlotte, N.C.
• A key reason for team starting season 4-0 for first time since 2002-03.
• Mitchell scored in double figures all three games last week, finishing second on team at 13.0 ppg over the stretch.
• With five or more rebounds in each game last week, she finished third on team with 6.3 rpg over the three games.
• She tied for game-high honors with 16 points against Clemson with nine coming in the second half, including five straight in an early 10-2 run out of the locker room.
• She also tied for team-high honors with eight rebounds at LA Tech.
• Mitchell had a weekly field goal percentageof 48.5%, with a high 63.6% against Clemson.
• She went 6-for-13 (.462) at the free throw line.
• She averages 12.0 points, 5.3 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.0 steals per game this season.
• For the week, Mitchell averages 13.0 points, 6.3 rebounds, 2.0 rebounds and 1.0 steals.