Player of the Week
Keira Peak • Arkansas
Junior • Forward • Clyatteville, Ga.
• Peak’s 12 points at Oral Roberts was her second consecutive game with double digit points.
• Against No. 13 Oklahoma, Peak had career-best points (30), FGM (12), FGA (19), 3PT (4) 3PTA (8) and one shy of career-best steals (3).
• Her 30 points was the first time since 2006 that a Razorback scored 30+ points.
• Had fourth consecutive game in double digits at Hawai’i with a win over the host team in non-conference tournament play.
• Peak made six threes all of last year and has 12 this year.
• The 24 points against Oregon was her fifth consecutive game in double figures.
• Peak scored 82 points in four games this week with one double double, one game of 30 points and led Arkansas to a 3-1 week.
• She was named MVP of the Waikki Beach Marriott Rainbow Wahine Showdown.
• She averaged 20.5 points, 5.5 rebounds, 1.7 assists and 2.8 steals on the week.
Freshman of the Week
Danielle Ballard • LSU
Guard • Memphis, Tenn.
• Ballard carried LSU to its highest win over a non-conference ranked opponent since 2010 with a career-best 25 points in a 71-63 win over No. 12 West Virginia in the FIU Thanksgiving Classic.
• She also finished with eight boards and a career-high five steals in that contest.
• The 25 points were the most by an LSU true freshman in a game since LaSondra Barrett had 27 at Arkansas on Jan. 8, 2009.
• Ballard scored the final 10 points of the first half for LSU.
• She earned a spot on the FIU Classic all-tournament team after averaging 19.0 points in LSU’s two games as the Lady Tigers won the tournament.
• She collected a clutch steal in the final minutes of the FIU game to help preserve the victory.
• Ballard ranks fourth in the SEC (3.0spg) in steals and leads all freshmen in that category.
• She averaged 13.7 points, 4.7 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 3.0 steals on the week.