Player of the Week
Meighan Simmons • Tennessee
Junior • Guard • Cibolo, Texas
• Led Tennessee to a 2-0 week and helped improve the team’s season mark to 6-1 with victories over Middle Tennessee (88-81 OT) and No. 22 North Carolina (102-57).
• Scored the highest point total in the SEC this season, scorching the nets for a career-high 33 points vs. UNC and adding six rebounds, four assists and three steals.
• Simmons shot 12 of 22 from the field, including three of seven on three-pointers, and six of six from the line, as she became the 37th Lady Vol in history to score 1,000 points in a career.
• Simmons also added 19 points in the victory over Middle Tennessee State and chipped in four boards, three assists and two steals as the Lady Vols prevailed in overtime.
• For the week, she shot .475 from the field (19-40), .400 from three-point range (4-10) and 1.000 from the free throw line (10-10).
• She ranks first in three throw percentage (.913) in the SEC and is seventh in threes made per game (1.7) and ninth in field goal percentage (.451) and steals per game (2.3).
Freshman of the Week
Bashaara Graves • Tennessee
Forward/Center • Clarksville, Tenn.
• Averaged a double-double of 13 points and 10 rebounds per contest for the Lady Vols this week.
• Had her second double-double of the season vs. Middle Tennessee, scoring 15 points and pulling down 12 caroms to help UT prevail in overtime.
• Scored 11 points and grabbed eight rebounds vs. North Carolina, operating against the Tar Heels 6 foot 6 inch Waltiea Rolle.
• With those point totals, Graves now has scored in double figures in all seven of her college games and is Tennessee’s second-leading scorer (15.1) and rebounder (7.9).
• Ranks seventh in the SEC and is the league’s top scoring freshman and is sixth in rebounding and is the SEC’s top rebounding freshman.
• Ranks fifth in the conference in field goal percentage, first among freshman, at .532.
• Graves has two double-doubles on the season after the Middle Tennessee effort.
• On the season, averaging 15.1 points, 7.9 rebounds, 1.4 assists and 1.9 steals.