Player of the Week
Hasina Muhammad • Auburn
Sophomore • Guard • Memphis, Tenn.
• Muhammad led Auburn to a 2-0 record last week with a road win at George Washington (69-59) and a home win over Temple (71-49).
• She led Auburn in scoring (18.5 ppg), rebounding (8.0 rpg), steals (7.0 spg) and blocks (2.5 bpg) per game over the two games
• At GW, she notched her first career double-double with 21 points and 10 rebounds while finishing a steal away from a triple-double as she picked up nine steals.
• Her 10 rebounds and nine steals set new career highs.
• Muhammad’s nine steals are the most in the SEC this season and rank fourth all-time in single-game steals at Auburn.
• She returned against Temple for 16 points, six rebounds, six assists, five steals and three blocks
• The six assists were a career-high and the three blocks a season-high
• Muhammad has scored in double figures in all 10 games this season and in the 20s in four
Co-Freshmen of the Week
Sherise Williams • Mississippi State
Forward • St. Louis, Mo.
• Williams scored a personal-best 21 points to lead Mississippi State to a 67-57 win against Florida A&M.
• Also hauled in seven rebounds and blocked three of the Bulldogs’ five shots in the contest.
• Her three swats in Sunday’s game moved her into fourth in the league in blocked shots with 1.8 per game.
• Williams has been the Bulldogs’ top scorer the past four contests, averaging 13.8 ppg.
Maddie Stock • Missouri
Guard • Town & Country, Mo.
• Stock scored 16 straight points in the second half for the Tigers as she finished with a career-best 22 on the day.
• She has now reached double-digits in two straight games and four times this season and has reset her career-high in each of the last two games.
• She shot .889 (8-for-9) including a three-point percentage of 85.7 (6-for-7).
• Also had four rebounds, two assists and two steals in the contest.