Jan. 2, 2013
Box Score |
Team Records and Series Notes
- Playing its final regular-season non-conference game, Kentucky is 9-4 on the season. Eastern Michigan is 7-6.
- This was the first men's basketball meeting between Kentucky and Eastern Michigan.
- UK is now 46-6 all-time against teams from the current alignment of the Mid-American Conference.
- Kentucky has an open date Saturday, then begins Southeastern Conference action at Vanderbilt on Thursday, Jan. 9, at 9 p.m. EST (8 p.m. CST) and will be televised on ESPN or ESPN2.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Ryan Harrow, Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress, Nerlens Noel and Willie Cauley-Stein for the first time.
- It is the first game that four freshmen have started for Coach John Calipari at UK.
- Eastern Michigan scored a 3-pointer on the first possession but UK responded with a 9-0 run.
- Ahead 13-7, UK had a 17-2 spurt for a 30-9 lead.
- Kentucky led 38-14 at halftime.
- It tied the Samford game for the fewest points allowed in a half this season.
- The first half continues to tell the tale for the Wildcats. UK is 9-0 this season when leading at halftime, 0-4 when behind at intermission.
- Kentucky opened the half with a 15-0 run, stretching the lead to 53-14, before the Eagles got on the scoreboard with 13:35 remaining.
- Kentucky led by as many as 57 points at 90-33.
- Kentucky held EMU to 38 points, the fewest by a Wildcat opponent since defeating Texas Southern, 83-35, on Nov. 24, 2007.
- UK is 28-0 under Coach John Calipari when limiting opponents to 55 or fewer points.
- EMU shot 24.2 percent from the field. It is UK's best defensive performance since Central Arkansas, which shot 20 percent on Nov. 6, 2007.
- Kentucky is 7-0 this season when holding the opponent under 40 percent.
- Kentucky won the rebounding 52-27, the Wildcats' most rebounds and largest margin of the season.
- UK dominated second-chance points 15-4 and points in the paint 40-16.
- Kentucky shot 51.7 percent from the field, the fifth time this season UK has shot 50 percent or better from the field (5-0).
- Willie Cauley-Stein had 11 points and 11 rebounds, his second double-double as a Wildcat.
- WCS has made 15 of 20 shots (75 percent) over the last four games.
- Ryan Harrow scored 15 points and had a season-high eight assists.
- Harrow has scored double figures in four-straight games and is averaging 16.7 over that stretch.
- Harrow has an assist-turnover ratio of 29-7 over the last seven games.
- Harrow made 4 of 5 three-point shots, the first time in his collegiate career that he made more than one three in a game.
- Julius Mays tallied 13 points and four assists, his first double-figure game on Dec. 8.
- Has a 20-5 assist-turnover ratio over the last six games.
- Nerlens Noel had eight points and 13 rebounds, his third double-figure rebounding game of the season.
- Noel has at least six rebounds in every game this season.
- Has made 18 of 25 shots (75 percent) in the last five games.
- Jarrod Polson had two points, two assists and a career-high four rebounds.
- Alex Poythress had 16 points, featuring 5 of 8 field goals.
- Poythress entered the game leading the SEC in field-goal percentage at 64.3 percent.
- Kyle Wilter had a game-high 17 points
- Has scored double figures in five of the last six games.
- Has made a three-pointer in 12 of 13 games this season.