Player of the Week
Kelsey Bone • Texas A&M
Junior • Center • Houston, Texas
• Led Texas A&M to 3-0 week including 2-0 start to SEC play, with a road win at Arkansas.
• Double-Double in all three games this week and in five of last six games.
• Tied season and career high in made free throws (6) against Alabama.
• Shot 56.8 percent from the floor (21 of 37) and 86.7 percent from the free throw line (13 of 15) for the week.
• Combined three game total of 55 points and 42 rebounds.
• Scored in double figures in 14 of 16 games this season, including last nine games.
• First in SEC in field goal percentage at 61.1%, 2nd in scoring in the SEC at 17.8 points per game, 1st in rebounds per game in the SEC at 10 rebounds per game(3rd in O-Reb, 2nd in D-Reb), and 10th in SEC in free-throw percentage at 68.5%.
Freshman of the Week
Danielle Ballard • LSU
Guard • Memphis, Tenn.
• Combined for 57 points last week in leading LSU to a 2-1 record.
• Also had 24 rebounds, nine steals, six assists and one block.
• She also produced back-to-back 20-point games for the second time this season.
• She leads all SEC freshmen in scoring (15.2 ppg) and in 20-point games with five.
• Ballard shot a season-best 83.8 percent while scoring 20 points in a win over UNO.
• She then led LSU with a game-high 24 points and 12 rebounds for her first career double-double in an SEC-opening win over Ole Miss.
• The 12 boards were a career high.
• She followed that up with 13 points and five boards at Florida.
• On the week, shot 54.5 percent (24 of 44) and 75.0 percent (9 of 12) from the free throw line.