Jan. 10, 2013
Box Score |
- With the win, Kentucky improves to 10-4 on the season and 1-0 in Southeastern Conference action. Vanderbilt falls to 6-6 and 0-1 in league play.
- UK now leads the all-time series with Vanderbilt 137-45.
- Kentucky is the all-time NCAA leader in wins and pushes its all-time win total to 2,100 with tonight's win.
- The Wildcats' record in Southeastern Conference lid lifters 62-18 and 3-1under John Calipari.
- Kentucky's record in the Volunteer State is 137-45 including a 54-27 mark against the Commodores in Nashville.
- Kentucky returns to action on Saturday, Jan. 12 when UK will open its home conference slate at Rupp Arena vs. Texas A&M. The game is slated for a 4 p.m. ET tip. The game will mark the just fourth in the series history between the Aggies, and the first since Texas A&M joined the SEC.
Team Game Notes
- UK used the starting combination of Willie Cauley-Stein, Archie Goodwin, Ryan Harrow, Nerlens Noel and Alex Poythress for the third-straight game. UK is 2-1 when using this starting combination.
- Ryan Harrow connected on Kentucky's first 3-point attempt of the game in the opening minutes of the first half to extend UK's 3-point streak to 841 consecutive games which is a mark that ranks as the third longest such streak in the nation. Vanderbilt holds the second-longest streak and increased that mark to 845 games.
- UK started the game with a 3-pointer for the third time this season. Harrow's opening 3-point connection was the first of the season, however it marked the third time this season he's scored first for UK.
- Willie Cauley-Stein's dunk gave UK a 15-6 lead with 11:56 remaining in the second half to mark all five starters having tallied at least two points for the evening.
- The Blue and White took a 35-24 lead into the half marking the the second-straight season UK held an edge at the break while at Vanderbilt. Kentucky is 10-0 when leading at the half this season.
- Kentucky withstood an 18-0 second-half run by the Commodores for the victor, and Vanderbilt outrebounded the Cats by a 42-37 margin. The Wildcats are now 2-2 when being outrebounded by the opponent.
- The two-point margin of victory is the smallest since winning by three over Maryland in the opening game of the season.
Individual Player Notes
#3 Nerlens Noel
- Pulled down at least six rebounds in all 14 games this season.
- Reached double-figure scoring for the seventh time this season with 13 points.
- Has multiple steals and blocks in nine games this season including five-straight.
#10 Archie Goodwin
- Has scored in double-figures in 12 of 14 games this season.
- Pulled down five or more rebounds in nine games this season.
#12 Ryan Harrow
- Scored 16 points to mark the fifth-consecutive double-figure scoring game of the season for the sophomore.
- He has reached double-figure scoring in the first half in back-to-back games.
- Hit multiple 3-pointers in consecutive games for the first time in his career.
- Dished out multiple assists in eight-straight games.
#15 Willie Cauley-Stein
- Matched a career-high with four assists.
- Led the team in rebounds for the third time this season.
- Tied a career-high with four swats.
#22 Alex Poythress
- Has snatched six or more rebounds in seven of his last eight games.