Player of the Week
Jasmine Hassell • Georgia
Senior • Forward • Lebanon, Tenn.
• Averaged 20.0 points in wins over Alabama and No. 18 South Carolina by connecting on 68.2 percent of her shots from the floor and 83.3 of her trips to the free throw line.
• Scored her most points (21) ever in SEC action at Alabama, leading the Lady Bulldogs to a season-high 95 points.
• Notched 15 second-half points in Tuscaloosa.
• Accounted for 45 percent of Georgia’s points in a 42-40 victory over South Carolina.
• Played against the Gamecocks with a mask after suffering a slight nasal fracture against Alabama.
• Grabbed a key offensive rebound against the Gamecockx with 18 seconds remaining.
• During the week, ascended from No. 30 to No. 27 among UGA’s career scoring leaders, passing Pam Irwin-Osbolt, Carla Green and Cynthia Collins.
• Boosted her season scoring average a full point per game during the week – from 11.3 to 12.3.
Freshman of the Week
Bashaara Graves • Tennessee
Forward/Center • Clarksville, Tenn.
• Averaged 16.5 points and 10.0 rebounds, as well as 3.0 assists and 1.5 steals in two SEC victories last week.
• Scored the seventh double-double of her career, registering 17 points, 12 rebounds, four assists and two steals in the hard-fought overtime road win over Florida, 78-75.
• Graves’ seven double-doubles rank her second in the SEC among all players this season.
• With her team up one in overtime with eight seconds remaining, Graves was fouled and hit both free throws to make it a three-point game and produce what turned out to be the game’s final margin.
• She hit six of 11 field goal attempts vs. UF and five of six free throws during her 38 minutes of action.
• Including her 16-point, eight-rebound effort vs. Missouri, Graves has scored in double figures in 14 of 16 games this season.
• Graves is averaging 16.3 points and 9.0 rebounds in SEC play and is shooting 53.8 from the field and 82.1 from the line.