Player of the Week
A’dia Mathies • Kentucky
Senior • Guard • Louisville, Ky.
• Mathies led UK to commanding wins over Mississippi State and Auburn last week, improving the school-record home winning streak to 33 and their overall winning streak to a nation-high 17.
• On the week, she averaged a team-high 22.5 points, while shooting .600 percent from the field (15-of-25), .727 percent from the 3-point line (8-of-11) and .778 from the free-throw line (7-of-9). Also grabbed 3.5 rebounds per game and totaled three steals and three assists.
• Scored 21 points and grabbed six rebounds in 24 minutes of action vs. Mississippi State.
• Followed that performance with a season-high 24 points vs. Auburn, scoring a game-high 16 points in the first half.
• Recorded a near perfect game against the Tigers, hitting 8-of-9 (.889) from the field, 5-of-6 (.833) from beyond the arc and 3-of-4 (.750) from the free-throw line. Also charted two assists and two steals.
• Leading by just eight points over nine minutes into the game, Mathies hit back-to-back 3-pointers to break open the game and give UK a double-digit lead it would never relinquish.
• Has hit multiple 3-pointers in six straight games, including a career-high tying five vs. Auburn.
Freshman of the Week
Tiffany Mitchell • South Carolina
Guard • Charlotte, N.C.
• Mitchell led the Gamecocks to a pair of tight victories last week, holding off late charges from both LSU and Florida to improve to 16-3 overall and 4-2 in SEC action – the best opening record under head coach Dawn Staley.
• On the week, she averaged nine points, nine rebounds, two assists and two steals.
• She shot .667 percent (8-of-12) from the free-throw line.
• She hit a pair of free throws in the final 15 seconds at Florida to help seal the victory.
• Her 11 rebounds against Florida were second most on the team.
• Also grabbed six of her 11 rebounds against Florida on the offensive end.
• Against LSU, grabbed a key offensive rebound of a missed free throw in the final minute.