Player of the Week
Ieasia Walker • South Carolina
Senior • Guard • Amityville, N.Y.
• In two wins last week, had 23 points, 10 rebounds, seven assists, two blocks and eight steals.
• Went 6-for-10 (.600) at the free-throw line for the week.
• Drove team to victory over #5/4 Kentucky with team highs in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks.
• Played every second of the game against Kentucky, most as primary ball-handler against Wildcats’ pressure.
• In second half against UK, posted nine points, three assists and three steals – more than half her game totals.
• Swiped five steals at Arkansas, including three in the second half – two in the final six minutes as defense held off Razorback charge.
• Hit a pair of 3-pointers during key first-half run against Arkansas.
• Has scored in double figures in four of eight SEC games and swiped five or more steals in three league games.
Freshman of the Week
Peyton Little • Texas A&M
Guard • Abilene, Texas
• Helped the Aggies to two wins last week, at Mississippi State and at home against Missouri.
• Averaged 11.0 points, 1.0 rebounds. 1.5 assists, 0.5 blocks and 0.5 steals on the week.
• Shot 58.3 percent (7-for-12) with 54.5 percentage (6-for-11) beyond the arc.
• Also shot 50.0 percent at the line.
• Made season-high 5-of-8 threes against Missouri.
• Those numbers helped team tie 17-year old school record with 12 three-pointers.
• Also tied for second most three-pointers by an SEC team in a conference game this season.
• ix made field goals against Missouri tied her season high.
• Recorded first career block against Missouri
• 22 points is second-best two game total on the season for Little.