Player of the Week
Tom Jomby • Kentucky
Junior • Nantes, France
• Junior Tom Jomby improved to 6-0 on the season in singles, knocking off No. 36 Guillermo Alcorta in straight sets 6-4, 7-5, in helping clinch UK’s win over No. 8 Oklahoma.
• Jomby moves to 5-0 on the year in singles, and has yet to drop a set all season playing at the No. 2 position.
• Jomby also was the clinching match of the doubles point, as he and Kevin Lai won 7-6 (5) in a tiebreaker that decided the doubles point, and was the difference in UK’s 4-3 win over No. 8 Oklahoma.
• With singles and doubles combined, Jomby has a miraculous 10-1 record this season.
2/3 #36 Guillermo Alcorta, Okla. W 6-4, 7-5
Doubles (with Kevin Lai)
2/3 #12 Paval/Webb W 8-7 (5)
Freshman of the Week
Becker O’Shaughnessey • Alabama
• Becker O’Shaughnessey improved to 3-0 in singles at the No. 1 position as well as 6-1 overall in dual match play.
• He earned the clinching point in doubles for the team with teammate Jarryd Botha, helping the Crimson Tide beat 27th-ranked Harvard, 4-1.
• Fought back after dropping his first set against the Crimson to earn a hard-fought singles point to clinch the match at No. 1 singles.
2/2 Venkat Iyer, Cornell W 6-4, 6-4
2/2 Denis Nguyen, Harvard W 4-6, 7-5, 7-6(2)
Doubles (with Jarryd Botha)
2/2 Iyer/Sidney, Cornell L 5-8
2/2 Nguyen/Steinroeder, Harvard W 8-5