Player of the Week
Lauren Embree • Florida
Senior • Maroc Island, Fla.
• Embree compiled a combined 4-0 singles and doubles record during the team’s season-opening week.
• In the sweep against #15 Baylor, provided the clinching doubles-point victory which was the 100th doubles win of her career.
• She became the 14th Gator to win 100 career doubles matches.
• Her doubles winning percentage is ranked as the sixth best in program history; she is 100-18 all-time on the doubles court.
• Her thrilling singles win against Baylor’s No. 16 Ema Burgic was the 99th of her career; she is 99-14 in her career.
• Her 6-1, 6-1 win at the No. 1 position in the season-opener gave UF a 3-0 lead in the team scoring.
• Helped UF extend it’s home winning streak to 110, which is the longest active home win streak of any NCAA Division I women’s team in any sport.
1/28 #5 Lereto Alonso Martinez, So. Fla. W 6-1, 6-1
2/2 #16 Ema Burgic, Baylor W 6-4, 6-7 (6), 1-0 (10-7)
Doubles (with Sofie Oyen)
1/28 Rizzolo/Mills, So. Fla. W 8-4
2/2 Burgic/Generette, Baylor W 8-5
Freshman of the Week
Georgina Sellyn • Vanderbilt
• Sellyn recorded two singles wins over the weekend in helping Vanderbilt pick up wins over two top-25 teams.
• She has won five-straight singles matches.
• Against Northwestern, her win over Brittany Wowchuk clinched the victory for Vanderbilt.
• At Georgia Tech, she dropped the first, but stormed back to win the second and third sets.
• In her last three singles matches, she has been able to outlast her opponent as all three have gone three sets.
• She teamed up with Frances Altick to clinch the doubles point for Vandy at Georgia Tech.
1/31 Brittany Wowchuk, Northwestern W 6-2, 3-6, 7-5
2/2 Natasha Prokhnevska, Ga. Tech W 3-6, 7-5, 6-2
Doubles (with Frances Altick)
1/31 Niu/Turvy, Northwestern L 4-8
2/2 Wacker/Prokhnevska, Ga. Tech W 8-3