Player of the Week
Malte Stropp • Mississippi State
Junior • Dusseldorf, Germany
• In his biggest win of the season, Stropp upset Jonas Lutjen, the 5th-ranked player in the nation, to help the No. 10 Bulldogs defeat the No. 12 Ole Miss Rebels and claim the River Hills Cup for a second consecutive season.
• Garnered his 60th career win Sunday when he defeated No. 53 South Alabama’s Alex Bernard 6-4, 6-1.
• Two of Stropp’s wins this season have come at the No. 1 position for the Bulldogs.
• With wins against No. 5 Lutjen and Bernard, Stropp improved to 24-4 (.857) all-time against Southern Region opponents.
• Improved his all-time dual match record to 38-13.
2/7 #5 Jonas Lutjen, Ole Miss W 6-3, 3-6, 6-2
2/10 Alex Bernard, So. Alabama W 6-4, 6-1
2/10 Syrym Abdukhalikov, Tenn. Tech W 6-7(6), 6-2, 6-3
Doubles (with Jordan Angus)
2/7 #43 Lutjen/Scholtz, Ole Miss W 8-5
Freshman of the Week
Shane Vinsant • Texas A&M
• Went 2-0 in singles last week while helping Texas A&M defeat two ranked opponents.
• Playing the No. 3 court against Rice, Vinsant knocked off Phillip Seifert, 6-0, 6-2.
• Playing the No. 4 court against Ohio State, Vinsant upset 30th ranked Chris Diaz, 6-1, 6-4, to help A&M win the match.
• Played a huge role in doubles this past weekend in the victory over Ohio State.
• Helped clinch the crucial doubles point in a back-and-forth match against McCarthy and van Engelen.
• Tied for the team lead in wins (6) with fellow freshman Harry Adams.
• He is 8-2 over his last ten matches.
2/7 Phillip Seifert, Rice W 6-0, 6-2
2/10 Chris Diaz, Ohio State W 6-1, 6-4
Doubles (with Harry Adams)
2/10 McCarthy/van Engelen, Ohio State W 8-7(5)