SEC GOLFERS OF THE WEEK (February 13, 2013)
MEN’S GOLFER OF THE WEEK – Dominic Bozzelli, Auburn, Senior -- Pittsford, N.Y.
• Won his third career title at the Amer Ari Invitational, which featured 10 Top-50 teams and individuals
• Shot a season-low 11-under 205 after shooting rounds of 70, 68 and 67 and won by two strokes
• Was his first Top-5 finish of the season
• Ranks third on the team in rounds at par or better with six and has posted three rounds in the 60s
WOMEN’S GOLFER OF THE WEEK – Emily Tubert, Arkansas, Junior—Burbank, Calif.
• Tubert posted a three-under 213 (70-70-73) winning the Lady Puerto Rico Golf Classic in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico this week. The event was the first of the spring for the No. 12 Razorbacks.
• Tubert’s steady play helped the Razorbacks to a runner up finish.
• For the year, Tubert has played in all 12 rounds for Arkansas with 874 strokes and a 72.83 stroke average. This is her first win of the 2012-13 season.
• The win is the fourth career victory for the two-time All-American and All-SEC First-Team selection and the 15th top five finish of her career.
WOMEN’S FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK – Abby Newton, Ole Miss—Katy , Texas
• Helped Ole Miss to a top-10 finish in the team’s first tournament of the spring season, leading Ole Miss to a 10th place finish out of 18 teams at the UCF Challenge in Orlando, Fla.
• Individually, Newton, who was Ole Miss’ number one golfer heading into the tournament, carded a 76-75-76—227 on the weekend to finish in 50th place out of the 97-golfer field.