Player of the Week
Kelsey Bone • Texas A&M
Junior • Center • Houston, Texas
• Bone led the Aggies to a 78-71 win over Florida last week.
• She scored 31 points in 36 minutes of play.
• The 31 points were her second highest output this season and highest in a conference game.
• She went 11-of-19 from the floor for a FG percentage of .579.
• The 11 FGs, tie her for second most in a conference game this year.
• She added 10 rebounds, a block and a steal in the win.
• It was her 12th double-double of the season.
• She had a career high nine FTs, with seven of them coming in final two minutes to seal the win.
• Tied for second most FTs in a conference game this year (9)
• She leads the league in points and rebounds this season.
Freshman of the Week
Danielle Ballard • LSU
Guard •Memphis, Tenn.
• In LSU’s only game of the week, Ballard scored a game-high 19 points to lift LSU to a 63-41 win at Mississippi State.
• It was her highest scoring output since the SEC opener.
• She shot 7-of-9 from the floor, grabbed seven rebounds and recorded four steals for the sixth time in eight games.
• The seven rebounds were also a team high.
• With her four steals, Ballard moved into third place in LSU all-time freshman steals with 78, just eight shy of the school record held by Joyce Walker (1980-81).
• Ballard’s 5-of-6 effort from the free throw line was her highest output since the SEC opener on Jan. 3.