SEC CO-PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Zack Powers • Florida
Sophomore • INF • Seffner, Fla.
• Powered the Gators to the series victory over Duke with a career effort in Sunday’s finale...Matched single-game record held by Preston Tucker by clubbing two grand slams...Tied the game at 3-3 in the sixth inning with a sacrifice fly, then launched grand slams in both the seventh and eighth innings to finish with nine RBI.
J.T. Riddle • Kentucky
Junior • 2B • Frankfort, Ky.
• Riddle had one of the most prolific weekends in Kentucky baseball history, batting .786 (11-for-14) to open the year, with three doubles, one triple, one homer and six RBI … Collected 19 total bases, charted a 1.357 slugging and a .824 on-base%.
SEC PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Bobby Wahl • Ole Miss
Junior • RHP • Springfield, Va.
• Set the tone for the Rebels’ weekend, pitching Ole MIss to a shutout win over No. 12 TCU in the season and series opener ... After giving up a lead-off double to open the game, did not allow a hit again until the sixth inning and retired 10 of the next 11 batters.
• Allowed three hits...The win set the stage for Ole Miss to pick up a sweep of the nation’s 12th-ranked team in one of only two matchups of ranked teams on the weekend ... Struck out eight batters, two shy of his career high of 10.
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Mikey White • Alabama
SS • Birmingham, Ala.
• White started at shortstop and hit second in the Alabama order … he finished his first college weekend with a .545 average (6-for-11) and a .643 on-base percentage … he got his career off to a start with a bang, going 4-for-5 with two RBI, a run scored and a stolen base in the first game of the season.
• Also drove in the game winning run with an RBI single in the seventh inning of game one … in game two, he was 1-for-2 with three walks and a pair of stolen bases.