Player of the Week
Tiffany Clarke • Vanderbilt
Senior • Forward • Duluth, Ga.
• Averaged 28 points in two games on the week, leading Vanderbilt to wins at Florida and over No. 10/13 Texas A&M.
• Scored 26 points against the Gators, shooting 10-16 from the field, adding seven rebounds and four blocks.
• Scored a career-high 30 points in the upset of the Aggies, adding another seven rebounds.
• Led defensive efforts against Florida’s Jennifer George and A&M’s Kelsey Bone, holding George to 13 points and Bone, who leads the league in field goal percentage, to 33.3% from the floor.
• Is the only player in the SEC to rank in the top-five of scoring (fourth/16.4), rebounding (t-fifth/8.1), field goal percentage (third/.539) and blocks (fifth/1.5)
• Has led Commodores to a 3-1 record since losing last season’s SEC scoring champ, Christina Foggie, to injury.
Freshman of the Week
Shacobia Barbee • Georgia
Guard • Murfreesboro, Tenn.
• Averaged 8.5 ppg, 3.5 apg and 3.0 spg in wins over Arkansas and Ole Miss.
• Her 8.5 ppg last week is 2.5 ppg higher than her season average entering the week.
• Connected on 80 percent of her shots from the floor during those victories.
• Dished out a game- and season-high six assists against the Razorbacks.
• Scored 13 points on 6-of-7 shooting from the floor at Ole Miss.
• Also collected a game-high four steals versus the Rebels.