PLAYER OF THE WEEK
LB Dantzler • South Carolina
Senior • 1B • Winter Haven, Fla.
• Dantzler was the top hitter for the Gamecocks in the Albany series as he hit .692 (9-for-13) with a .733 on-base percentage and a phenomenal 1.308 slugging percentage for the weekend, with 10 RBIs, two doubles and two homeruns.
• Dantzler tied three Carolina Stadium records for a three-game series with 17 total bases, nine hits and six runs scored. It is the most hits in a three-game series at Carolina Stadium since Jackie Bradley Jr. tallied nine in a three-game series vs. Vanderbilt (May 1-3, 2009).
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Philip Pfeifer • Vanderbilt
Sophomore • LHP • Knoxville, Tenn.
• Started two games last week, picking up wins in both appearances. In 12.2 innings, gave up one earned run on six hits and struck out 16.
• Punched out a career-best 10 batters in win at Belmont to become the first Commodores’ pitcher since 2011 to record at least 10 strikeouts, striking out at least one batter in every inning.
• Started his second career game and earned his second win in five days with six innings of work against Monmouth on Sunday. Did not allow a hit in his final four innings and retired 14 of the final 15 batters.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Colin Poche • Arkansas
LHP • Flower Mound, Texas
• Poche pitched in two games on the week and had a 1-0 record with a 0.00 ERA in 7.1 innings of work … Made his collegiate debut in game one of Arkansas’ doubleheader vs. New Orleans and earned the victory … Tossed five scoreless innings vs. the Privateers and only allowed one hit with six strikeouts … Poche did not allow a hit until two outs in the fifth inning in his start vs. UNO.
• Pitched in relief in the series finale vs. Evansville, striking out one and only giving up one hit in 2.1 shutout innings.