Player of the Week
Romain Bogaerts • Mississippi State
Freshman • Huppaye, Belgium
• Is 9-2 on the dual season after picking up two victories the past weekend, also improving his career record to 22-6 in his first season in the Maroon and White.
• His two wins the past weekend came in straight sets, making seven of his nine dual match victories coming in such fashion.
• His 7-5, 6-1 victory Sunday against No. 98 Ben Davis clinched a thrilling 4-3 victory against the 47th-ranked Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders to close out nonconference play.
• The win against Davis also improved his record against ranked opponents to 5-3 for his young career and 3-1 in the dual match season.
• Seven of the freshman’s nine victories have come at the No. 1 spot for the Bulldogs.
• In doubles play, Bogaerts has paired with freshman teammate Pedro Dumont for one of the best starts for an MSU doubles squad. With a win against Samford’s Fares Kilani and Alex Sajonz, the duo improved to 6-0, tying the best start by an MSU doubles squad since 2006, when Antonio Lastre and Daniel Sanchez started 6-0 as well.
2/23 Zack Dunkle, Samford W 6-3, 6-3
2/24 #98 Ben Davis, MTSU W 7-5, 6-1
Doubles (with Pedro Dumont)
2/23 Kilani/Sajonz, Samford W 8-6
2/24 Fox/Lang, MTSU L 7-8(5)
Freshman of the Week
Harrison Adams • Texas A&M
New Braunfels, Texas
• Went 2-0 in singles and 1-0 in doubles to improve to 8-2 on the year in singles.
• Improved to 6-0 at the No. 3 singles line.
• Tied for the team lead in singles wins with eight.
• In doubles, Adams, with fellow freshman Shane Vinsant, improved to 6-2 on the season.
• Clinched the doubles point against Tulsa.
2/22 Alejandro Espejo, Tulsa W 6-2, 6-4
2/24 #119 Dane Webb, Oklahoma W 6-4, 6-4
Doubles (with Shane Vinsant)
2/22 Ive/Jackson, Tulsa W 8-2
2/24 #19 Paval/Webb, Oklahoma 6-6 DNF