Player of the Week
Ryan Lipman • Vanderbilt
Junior • Nashville, Tenn.
• Went 2-0 (in singles) over the weekend in wins versus LSU and Arkansas. Also teamed up with Marc van der Merwe to go 2-0 in doubles versus LSU and Arkansas.
• Lipman has now won 11-straight singles matches and has needed three sets to win a match only once this spring.
• Lipman is 22-5 overall this season and 12-1 in dual play. Has a career record of 69-30.
• When playing in the No. 1 position, Lipman is 9-1 this season and is 2-1 versus nationally-ranked opponents.
• His win over LSU’s Chris Simpson and Arkansas’ Gregoire Lehmann clinched both wins for Vanderbilt over the weekend.
• In the match versus Lehmann, he trailed 5-2 in the first set and came back to win the set 7-6(7-5). He then used that momentum to win the second set, 6-4.
3/1 Chris Simpson, LSU W 6-4, 3-6, 6-4
3/3 #125 Gregoire Lehmann, Ark. W 7-6(5), 6-4
Doubles (with Marc van der Merwe)
3/1 Anderson/Trinh, LSU
Freshman of the Week
Stefan Lindmark • Ole Miss
• Went 6-0 in singles and doubles to help lead the Rebels to wins over Memphis, Alabama and Auburn, the last two on the road.
• Teamed with Johan Backstrom to clinch the doubles point against Memphis in a tiebreaker on court three and then won in straight sets at No. 4 singles to set up his teammate’s clinching win at No. 2.
• Clinched the doubles vs. Alabama and then saved five match points and won a third set tiebreaker 12-10 at No. 4 singles to clinch the 4-3 win.
• Clinched the doubles point against Auburn for the third straight match, which again proved to be the difference.
• Won in straight sets at No. 4 singles to put the Rebels up 3-0, which ultimately led to his teammate’s clinching win at No. 6 after Auburn tied it at 3.
• Improved to 13-5 overall and 7-1 in dual matches. Has won five in a row in singles.
2/27 Johnny Grimal, Memphis W 7-6, 6-1
3/1 Philippe Tsangarides, Alabama W 6-3, 5-7, 7-6(10)
3/3 Dennis Lengsfield, Auburn W 7-6(5), 6-4
Doubles (with Johan Backstrom)
2/27 O’Leary/Grimal, Memphis W 9-8(4)
3/1 Kenyon/Tsangarides, Alabama W 8-4
3/3 Ollert/Van Dooren, Auburn W 9-7