PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Joey Pankake • South Carolina
Sophomore • SS • Easley, S.C.
• Pankake had a productive week at the plate as he hit .438 (7-for-16) in the five games with four homers, seven runs scored and nine RBI. Pankake hit a pair of three-run homers in each of the wins over Ball State.
• He then homered in both Saturday and Sunday’s victories over Rider. He drove in at least one run in all five games this week. For the season, Pankake is hitting .326 (15-for-46) with four homers, 14 RBI and 11 runs scored. He is currently on a seven-game hitting streak. Drove in only run in Sunday’s 1-0 win.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Kevin Ziomek • Vanderbilt
Junior • LHP • Amherst, Mass.
• Tossed his second consecutive complete game allowing one run on two hits against #15 Oregon on Friday night.
• The lefty dominated allowing only one base runner and no hits after the fourth inning, retiring 18 of the final 19 batters he faced. Ziomek fanned at least one batter in all nine innings and struck out eight Ducks at least once.
• Over his last two starts the junior has two complete game wins striking out 28 and allowing one run on three hits with four walks.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Trey Killian • Arkansas
RHP • Mountain Home, Ark.
• Killian tossed seven no hit innings to lead Arkansas to an 8-2 win over San Diego State in game three of the series … Killian retired the first 17 batters he faced against the Aztecs, carrying a perfect game until two outs in the sixth … Only allowed two batters to reach during his seven innings, one on a walk and the other reached on an error.
• Did not have a base runner advance past first base during the outing … Tossed 84 pitches, 61 of those for strikes, in the outing with 72.6 percent of his deliveries going for strikes … Struck out seven in the performance and only issued one walk.