MEN’S GOLFER OF THE WEEK – Chad Ramey, Mississippi State, Junior – Fulton, Miss.
• Dominated the field at the 2013 Tiger Invitational on Tuesday, to take home the top honor.
• Picked up his first-career win at Mississippi State with his 3-under par, 213. The 3-under-par was three strokes ahead of second-place Niclas Carlsson of Auburn.
• Ramey improved his score by one stroke each round at Grand National (72+71+70).
• The dominance from Ramey spilled over to the rest of Clay Homan’s squad, giving the No. 41 ranked Bulldogs a win over the field at Opelika, Ala., by seven strokes. The victory by Ramey and the Bulldogs came against five other ranked teams, included two SEC squads (Auburn and Kentucky).
• Ramey overtook the top spot after finishing tied for sixth on Monday, but the Bulldog righty climbed up the leader board on Tuesday to capture his first tournament win. The junior knocked in 13 birdies on his way to victory.
MEN’S FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK – Matt NeSmith, South Carolina-- North Augusta, S.C.
• Tied for third to lead the Gamecocks to a second-place finish at the Palmetto Intercollegiate
• Second straight top-10 finish and fourth of the season
• Carded rounds of 68-69-72 for a career-best 54-hole total of 209 (-1)
• Shot a career-low 68 in the first round
• 54-hole total of 209 is tied for the sixth-best for a freshman all-time at South Carolina