By: Sean Cartell
SEC Digital Network
Box Score (PDF) | Photo Gallery | Ole Miss Quotes | Missouri Quotes | Highlights
NASHVILLE – Derrick Millinghaus' runner with 1.1 seconds remaining Friday lifted third-seeded Ole Miss to a dramatic 64-62 comeback victory against sixth-seeded Missouri at the Southeastern Conference Tournament at Bridgestone Arena.
Ole Miss (24-8) advances to face 10th-seeded Vanderbilt (16-16) in Saturday’s second semifinal at 3:30 p.m. ET on ABC.
The Rebels trailed by as many as 14 points in the second half Friday before rallying late in the game to defeat the Tigers.
Marshall Henderson led Ole Miss with a game-high 27 points, marking his 15th 20-point game of the year. Millinghaus added 11 points, all of which came in the second half.
Missouri (23-10) was led by 16 points from Alex Oriakhi and 13 from Phil Pressey.
All-Time Series: Ole Miss leads 2-1, all games coming this season
In SEC Tournament Games: this was the first meeting
Earlier this Season: the teams split, Ole Miss winning 64-49 in Oxford and Missouri winning 98-79 in Columbia.
• Ole Miss led 11-10 early on but Missouri gradually took control of the remainder of the half and led 31-24 at intermission.
• Missouri stretched its lead to 13 points at 49-36 before Ole Miss rallied.
• Still trailing by 10 at 56-46, Ole Miss went on an 11-1 run to tie at 57.
• Alex Oriakhi put Missouri back ahead at 2:21, Missouri’s first basket in more than six minutes.
• Ole Miss’ Marshall Henderson tied it at 59 with a pair of foul shots at 1:08.
• Phil Pressey and Derrick Millinghaus exchanged three-pointers to keep it tied at 62.
• With 29 seconds left, Missouri made an errant inbounds pass which Henderson tracked down. After a timeout, Millinghaus swished a 10-foot runner in the lane with 1.1 seconds remaining for the game-winner.
Ole Miss Notes:
• Ole Miss is 24-8 and has won five of the last six.
• Ole Miss committed just seven turnovers and won points off turnovers 16-6.
• Marshall Henderson, the SEC scoring leader, poured in 27 points tonight. It is his 16th game this season with at least 20 points.
• Freshman Derrick Millinghaus scored all 11 of his points in the final six and one-half minutes of the game. He scored 11 of Ole Miss’ final 15 points.
• SEC rebounding leader Murphy Holloway grabbed a game-high 13 rebounds.
• Missouri is 23-10.
• Alex Oriakhi led the Tigers with 16 points, making all seven of his field goal attempts.
• Phil Pressey tallied 13 points. The SEC assist leader, he matched his season average with seven assists.