PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Mason Katz • LSU
Senior • 1B • Harahan, La.
• Katz led batted .462 (6-for-13) to lead LSU to three wins in four games last week, including an SEC series victory at No. 8 Mississippi State … Katz collected four home runs and eight RBI, and he posted a .588 on-base percentage … beginning on 3/10, Katz homered seven times in five games and became the first LSU player to homer in five straight games since 1998.
• At MSU, Katz had three homers, five RBI and four runs scored. Launched a pair of two-run homers in Friday night’s win, including the game-winning blast in the top of the 10th inning.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Keaton Steele • Missouri
Junior • RHP • St. Joseph, Mo.
• Earned the win in the Tigers’ first-ever SEC win in a 4-0 shutout of No. 5 South Carolina in the second game of a doubleheader on Saturday. He pitched six shutout innings, allowing just three hits to the fifth-ranked Gamecocks while striking out seven and issuing just one walk.
• He allowed just four base runners to SC in the six innings and not one base runner advanced past first base in the win. The seven strikeouts in the game are a career-high for Steele as are the 6.0 innings pitched.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Georgie Salem • Alabama
CF • Birmingham, Ala.
• Posted a .364 batting average for the week, after hitting .462 (6-for-13) in the series versus Tennessee … finished the week with a team-high seven RBI from the leadoff spot in the order … had a hit in all five games over the week … recorded multiple hits in two of the five games, including his fourth three-hit game of the season with a 3-for-5 day on Sunday versus the Vols.
• Had a career-high four RBI on Sunday, which are the most by an Alabama player in a game this season … is currently third on the team with a .293 average, three doubles and a .383 on-base percentage.