SEC GOLFERS OF THE WEEK (March 20, 2013)
MEN’S GOLFER OF THE WEEK – Justin Thomas, Alabama, Sophomore – Goshen, Ky.
• Thomas captured medalist honors at the Schenkel Invitational with a 9-under-par total of 207, which matched his lowest 54-hole total of the season.
• He was named the Golfweek National Player of the Week following the win and Alabama was named the National Team of the Week.
• It was his sixth career tournament victory, which moved him past former Tide great and PGA Professional Steve Lowery for the most wins in Alabama golf history.
• Leads the team with a 70.83 scoring average and is cumulative 13-under-par for the season.
• Carded 11 birdies and two eagles in his victory at the Schenkel Invitational
• Led the event wire-to-wire by shooting a 67 in round one and following it up with back-to-back rounds of 2-under-par 70.