Player of the Week
Anthony Rossi • Kentucky
Senior • Marsielle, France
• Anthony Rossi became just the 15th player in UK men’s tennis history to reach 100-career wins.
• He did so by sweeping his weekend matches, winning both over ranked opponents in straight sets (6-4, 6-4 and 6-3, 6-1).
• Rossi currently has a career record of 100-30, and is 18-6 (6-1 SEC) on the season.
• Rossi has won six-consecutive matches, all against ranked opponents.
3/29 #69 Jarryd Botha, Alabama W 6-4, 6-4
3/31 #34 Andreas Mies, Auburn W 6-3, 6-1
Doubles (with Grant Roberts)
3/29 O’Shaughnessey/Proskura, Alabama 4-4 DNF
3/31 Lengsfeld/Lopasso, Auburn L 8-6
Freshman of the Week
Ben Wagland • Georgia
• Clinched his team-best sixth match of the season vs. Texas A&M, knocking off Junior Ore at No. 2 singles, with both sets decided via a tiebreaker as Georgia won 4-1.
• The win pushed third-ranked UGA to 15-4 overall and 7-1 in SEC play, and guarding its first-place spot in the conference race with two weeks to go in the regular season.
• With the win Wagland improved to 20-7 on the year and 12-4 in dual matches, now tied for the team lead in SEC singles wins with five.
• He remains the highest-ranked SEC freshman in both singles and doubles.
3/31 Junior Ore, Texas A&M W 7-6(3), 7-6(6)
Doubles (with Hernus Pieters)
3/31 #11 Ore/Withrow, Texas A&M L 8-6