PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Keaton Steele • Missouri
Sophomore • INF/RHP • St. Joseph, Mo.
• Had a huge week at the plate, batting .500 with three doubles and a homer while driving in three runs and scoring three more...Extended his hitting streak to eight straight games with hits in each contest at Georgia, hitting .545 vs. UGA and slugging 1.000 (11 total bases) on the weekend with an OBP of .571...Drove in the winning runs with his first Division I homer on Friday.
• In the Sunday finale, took over on the mound with Mizzou trailing 4-0 and allowed just one earned run over the final 7.1 innings, striking out nine in that span while allowing just four hits (and four total base runners).
• Retired the final 15 batters he faced in that game as he was perfect over the final five innings, allowing the Tigers to come back from down 5-0 to win the game, 8-5.
• Earned the win in the relief outing as he went a career-best 7.1 innings while the nine Ks in the outing were also a career-best.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Kendall Graveman • Miss. State
Senior • RHP • Alexander City, Ala.
• Registered his second consecutive complete-game performance and fourth win of the campaign in a series-clinching 2-0 win over Florida … Scattered five singles, walked two and struck out two while inducing 19 groundball outs en route to his fifth career complete-game and fourth vs. an SEC foe.
• Faced four batters over the minimum and got to three-ball counts only three times … Allowed one Gator base-runner to reach second base … Extended a personal string of scoreless innings pitched against Florida to 19.0 innings.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Max Schrock • South Carolina
2B • Chapel Hill, N.C.
• Schrock hit .500 (11-for-22) last week with seven runs scored and eight RBI. His game-winning RBI double in the top of the ninth inning lifted the Gamecocks to a 5-4 win over Tennessee. He followed that up with a double, a homer and two RBI in the 12-8 win over the Volunteers.
• In the series finale, he had a career-high four hits with a career-high four RBI as well as two runs scored in the 19-2 win over Tennessee. The four hits matched an individual high for a Gamecock player in a game this year. He was 7-for-12 (.583) in the Tennessee series with five runs scored and seven RBI against the Volunteers.