Player of the Week
Florent Diep • Florida
Junior • Paris, France
• Diep had his best weekend of the season so far, defeating two ranked opponents in key SEC matches.
• On Friday, he provided the clinching point in a road upset of No. 7 Ole Miss with a three-set win over 84th-ranked William Kallberg, while also teaming with Gordon Watson to earn a doubles win.
• On Sunday, Diep and Watson won their doubles match against No. 13 Mississippi State although UF lost the point.
• Diep then stormed past 50th-ranked Malte Stropp in straight sets to give UF a 3-1 lead in the match.
4/5 #84 William Kallberg, Ole Miss W 6-3, 2-6, 6-3
4/7 #50 Malte Stropp, MSU W 6-4, 6-1
Doubles (with Gordon Watson)
4/5 Kallberg/Wilder, Ole Miss W 8-3
4/7 Dumont/Wilkinson, MSU W 8-5
Freshman of the Week
Romain Bogaerts • Mississippi State
• Improved to 15-4 for dual match play, tying freshman Jordan Angus for the most dual match wins this season for the Bulldogs.
• Is also 6-3 in SEC play, tying freshman Pedro Dumont for the most SEC wins of any Bulldog player.
• Picked up his 15th career dual match victory by defeating UF’s Piro Sunday.
• With the wins, Bogaerts has now won 12 of his 15 matches in straight sets.
• The win Sunday against No. 125 Piro improved Bogaerts to 8-6 all-time against ranked opponents.
• In doubles play, Bogaerts teamed up with Zach White for the first time this season, earning two victories, including a ranked win against South Carolina’s No. 55 Kyle Koch and Harry Menzies.
• The duo’s 8-5 win Sunday clinched the all-important doubles point for the Bulldogs, the fourth time this season Bogaerts has been involved in a doubles-clincher.
4/5 Tsvetan Mihov, South Carolina W 6-4, 4-6, 6-2
4/7 #125 Stephane Piro, Florida W 6-3, 6-4
Doubles (with Zach White)
4/5 #55 Koch/Menzies, South Carolina W 8-6
4/7 Alford/Johnson, Florida W 8-5