Thiago Pinheiro • South Carolina
Sophomore • Sao Paolo, Brazil
• Was critical to team’s biggest wins since 2005, going undefeated in his three matches.
• Played phenomenal tennis against #13 Vanderbilt, teaming with Andrew Adams for dominant 8-0 win in doubles – match lasted under 30 minutes.
• Went on to clinch program’s first win over a top-15 team since 2009 with efficient victory at No. 3 singles.
• With doubles point on the line, turned in great net work to jump out to a 6-1 lead in tiebreak that the duo eventually won 7-4.
• Got up a break in No. 3 singles match just as Gamecocks fell behind No. 8 Kentucky 3-1, then broke again to clinch his victory and send the match’s momentum back to South Carolina.
• Team win over Kentucky was the program’s highest-ranked win since 2005 and tied the school record as the seventh SEC win of the season.
• Thanks to strong finish, Gamecocks finished season tied for third in the league, the best SEC finish in school history.
4/12 Jeff Offerdahl, Vanderbilt W 6-3, 6-1
4/14 Charles Minc, Kentucky W 6-4, 6-3
Doubles (with Andrew Adams)
4/12 Eswaran/Offerdahl, Vanderbilt W 8-0
4/14 Hirooka/Pennington, Kentucky W 9-8 (4)
Shane Vinsant • Texas A&M
• Against Mississippi State, Vinsant helped A&M clinch the doubles point by claiming the first doubles victory for the Aggies, 8-4, at the No. 2 doubles line.
• Clinched the match for the Maroon and White against the Bulldogs with his 7-5, 6-1 victory over Jordan Angus at the No. 4 line.
• Against Ole Miss, Vinsant and partner Adams clinched the doubles point with their 8-5 victory over Lindmark and Backstrom at the No. 2 line.
• Narrowly missed clinching the match against the Rebels, but defeated 95th-ranked William Kallberg, 6-4, 7-6 (3), at the No. 4 line to push A&M’s lead to 3-1.
• Led the team in singles wins with a record of 17-7 with a 7-3 mark in doubles play.
• The freshman has won three in a row and seven of his last ten matches.
4/12 Jordan Angus, Mississippi State W 7-5, 6-1
4/14 #95 William Kallberg, Ole Miss W 6-4, 7-6 (1)
Doubles (with Harry Adams)
4/12 Bogaerts/White, Mississippi State W 8-4
4/14 #71 Lindmark/Backstrom, Ole Miss W 8-5