PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Tony Kemp • Vanderbilt
Junior • INF • Franklin, Tenn.
• Picked up at least one hit in all four games of the week, including three multi-hit games over the weekend at Kentucky.
• Kemp posted a big day in the Dores’ doubleheader sweep going a combined 6-for-10 in the two wins scoring two runs. He added two more hits in Vandy’s SEC title clinching win on Sunday driving in a run and scoring two more. His three multi-hit games over the week pushed his season total to a team-best 24.
CO-PITCHERS OF THE WEEK
Daniel Mengden • Texas A&M
Sophomore • RHP/OF • Houston, Texas
•Posted his second consecutive 8.0-inning, 1-run effort holding LSU’s prolific offense to five hits in the series opener. He struck out five Tigers and didn’t issue a walk, coming out on the winning end of a 2-1 decision for the second straight week.Mengden also went 2-for-7 (.286) with one home run in two games at the plate on the week.
Mike Mayers • Ole Miss
Junior • RHP • Grove City, Ohio
•Mayers worked 7.0 scoreless innings against No. 13 Mississippi State, taking the mound in what is technically his first relief appearance of the season after the series opener was suspended in the middle of the first inning on Friday night due to inclement weather ... Held the Bulldogs, who entered the weekend as the third most prolific offense in the SEC, to two hits in his time on the mound and a .091 batting average while he kept MSU off the scoreboard ... It marked the first time this season that an opponent shut out Mississippi State ... Allowed only one base runner to advance past second base, getting a double play ball to end the inning and keep the Bulldogs off the board ... Tied a season-high with the 7.0 innings of work.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Jordan Ebert • Auburn
INF • Foley, Ala.
• Led Auburn with a .579 batting average for the week and a .545 mark during the series at Florida.
• Was 11-for-19 with two doubles, a home run (.842 slugging percentage), four RBI and five runs scored … Also walked three times (.636 on base percentage) for the week.
• Had a perfect fielding percentage on 33 chances (15 put outs, 18 assists).