SEC Baseball Players of the Week (May 20, 2013)
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Raph Rhymes * LSU
Senior * OF * Monroe, La.
• Led the second-ranked Tigers to three wins in four games last week, including an SEC series victory versus Ole Miss.
• Batted .455 (5-for-11) in four games with one double, two homers and six RBI.
• His two-run homer in the bottom of the eighth inning Friday erased a 4-3 Ole Miss lead and lifted the Tigers to a 5-4 victory that clinched the series and allowed LSU to set single-season school records for regular-season wins (48) and SEC wins (23).
• Had an inside-the-park homer in LSU’s 7-1 victory over the Rebels on Thursday night, only the third inside-the-park dinger in the five-season history of the New Alex Box Stadium.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Conner Kendrick * Auburn
Junior * LHP * Gulf Shores, Ala.
• Earned a second consecutive win by throwing the first 7.1 innings of a 3-0 shutout win against No. 11 Arkansas.
• Scattered four hits and one walk, while striking out a career-high-typing eight, done twice before.
• Allowed multiple base runners in only one inning.
• Recorded inning-ending strikeouts in the second, third and sixth, as Auburn posted its first SEC shutout since May 7, 2011.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Chance Vincent * Alabama
Freshman * INF * Scott, La.
• Finished the weekend series against Vanderbilt with a team-leading .545 average, going 6-for-11. Had two hits in all three games of the series and also led the team with five RBI and scored three runs in the series, including one in each game.
• Had a double and hit his first career triple in the series to post an .818 slugging percentage.
• Walked once and was hit by a pitch twice for a .643 on-base percentage in the series.
• Hit his first career triple with the bases loaded in the seventh inning of game three of the series.
• In game two, doubled and scored in the seventh, and was hit by pitch in the 10th to help the Tide defeat top-ranked Vanderbilt on Saturday.